Is this ok???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtremsavage

OG HPISF MEMBER!!!!!
Been out the RC game for quite awhile now and looking to possibly get back in a little bit. Had to replace the pull start on the Axial and decided to open up the engine and see how bad it was from sitting for 4+ yrs. I thought the piston was @ TDC when taking the backplate off & the backplate was stuck. Found out, it was @ TDC and I broke pcs off the back skirt side of the piston. I haven't had the chance to try running it yet, but thought I'd ask ya'll what you think first before I get the chance to run it. Let me know if ya'll think I'll have issues with it running. I'll post pics too.20220330_182245.jpg20220330_182347.jpg

I would have to say that Engine needs a piston and sleeve as of now....

I'm still gonna run it and at least see how it runs. Tried searching for a piston & sleeve and couldn't find any. Plus, Crash modded that mill for me yrs ago. Hate to have to start over with a new one, especially a non-modded one. I really like how this one runs and can hang in the gears longer before shifting.

I'm still gonna run it and at least see how it runs. Tried searching for a piston & sleeve and couldn't find any. Plus, Crash modded that mill for me yrs ago. Hate to have to start over with a new one, especially a non-modded one. I really like how this one runs and can hang in the gears longer before shifting.

:woot: Hey all that can happen is the piston may slightly cock in the sleeve and seize up...:lmao::lmao::cool: I wanna see pics when it happens too

:woot: Hey all that can happen is the piston may slightly cock in the sleeve and seize up...:lmao::lmao::cool: I wanna see pics when it happens too

Will do. I almost always post damage pics. If I do need to get a new mill, I hope I can find one I like. Not many choices out there now a days. But, before I can get that new mill, gonna have to get rid of a truck first.

Will do. I almost always post damage pics. If I do need to get a new mill, I hope I can find one I like. Not many choices out there now a days. But, before I can get that new mill, gonna have to get rid of a truck first.
I have all the internals for my original XTM .28 , new sleeve and piston, new wrist pin and rod, still in the package, I have to put it together sometime, but I hardly run my nitros any more, just alot of work for the fun factor, my ARRMA Kraton is so much easier for me to play with... I also have an Axial .32 in my Savage, not even sure what condition of that one is... last time I ran it, I don't think I even serviced it like I should have...

I have all the internals for my original XTM .28 , new sleeve and piston, new wrist pin and rod, still in the package, I have to put it together sometime, but I hardly run my nitros any more, just alot of work for the fun factor, my ARRMA Kraton is so much easier for me to play with... I also have an Axial .32 in my Savage, not even sure what condition of that one is... last time I ran it, I don't think I even serviced it like I should have...

That was the good thing I liked about using Byron's fuel when they were in business. My truck sat for 4 yrs, maybe a little more/less and I didn't prep it for storage or anything. Sitting in my garage the whole with ambient air temps in the 100s for 7 months out of the yr. Had to pull the tank & clean it out real good, opened up the motor and no rust. It was a little gummy, but not bad. Cleaned most of it and cycled the motor a few times with some oil. Put it all back together and it cranked up after 6-7 pulls. Ran like crap cuz the plug was goin bad, but ran none the less.

you broke off the part of the piston that blocks the exhaust port to make compression in the crankcase to fill the cylinder with fuel . your exhaust valve so to speak is gone , it will not make crankcase pressuer now . HPI K 4,6'es are made the same way with a grove in the backplate that catches the piston when it is down . DUMB

Well, gonna find out sometime this week. Gonna bring it to work with me & try runnin it @ lunchtime & see how it goes.

Does anybody know if there are any nitro engine modifiers still in business? If I need a new mill, would like to possibly get it modded.

Reactions: X
you can not hurt it , it takes crankcase pressuer to run ,you will have littel to none with a piston missing the skirt. have fun that is what counts.

Well, I had a chance to run the old girl with the hurt motor. Ran like crap & hard to keep runnin unless the idle was high. Haven't pulled the motor yet to give it a thorough inspection. But, until then, looking @ a new motor. Choice is either LRP ZR.28 Spec 4 or the SH PT2802A-P3. Would like to get it modded also. What is ya'lls opinion on these motor choices. And does anybody know if AB mods or ERCM is still in business?

Latest posts

Members online

Back