is this a good air filter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have any experience with that type , i prefer motor saver 3 stage air filters.
SL

Ok I merged your 2 threads, only 1 thread is really needed for this topic. Pretty much everyone is going to say Motor Saver and so am I. I have ran the MotorSaver for about 3 1/2 years, love them.

canadian, stay away from those types of filters & stay with the stock or get another 3 stage. my buddy has one of those & it is nearly impossible to get all of the dirt, mud & etc out especially considering it is off-road nearly 99% of the time. get something easy to clean / replace

I'm not sure, but the motor saver comes with foams and you can just buy some spares if you need to.

I was looking at the MS web site and see that they have bought out new designs. I have one of the original ones for my R**o (sorry), and I can't fault it. I do think the new design is too big though. JMO

The Savage version is also huge, but it's ok cus it's not going to interfere with any linkages or anything where it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
ya go with the motorsaver air filter! i like the way the aluminum air filters look but if you check them out you'll soon realize that the air flow is blocked a bit by the alum housing and we all know the more air flow the better!! and i would imagine it wouldnt take much dirt to completely plug up the alum filter housing!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another vote here for the Motorsaver - the pics posted a sure nice looking filters but that's about it. The first one, and the little K&Ns you see on ebay don't filter the fine dust well enuf to protect our little 2strokes and that purple one, while it IS a foam filter, the openings look too small - too bad cuz I wanted the Maltese Cross one at one time :)

I still use the stock 4.6X one - it'sthe same design as a Motorsaver.

This is the one I'm using now. It's pretty much just like the motorsaver filters. I got about a 1/2 gal. of fuel through the motor before I needed to replace the foam elements. When I needed to replace the foams, my LHS didn't have any so I ended up buying a whole new filter setup. So what I do, now that I have two of the same, is, when the one on the truck needs replaced, I already have the second one ready to go. I clean up the motor and mainly/thoroughly around the carb air intake neck. I have a spring retainer that holds the tube onto the neck and I take it loose, pull the dirty filter off, replace it with the clean one, and then reattach the spring retainer. I'm good to go. Then the next day I'll thoroughly clean the dirty one, install a new set of foams, and it's ready for the next change.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXDUR2&P=V

Members online

No members online now.
Back