is my diff borken?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doginjeep

in the first vid, everything was going fine until my last bump. you cant see in this video but the savage is pulling super hard to the right when on the throttle, without any steering input. the second and third videos illustrate the problem.

i found the problem. cup shaft retainer pin snapped, also chipped a bevel gear in the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
run it till is destroyed :lmao: thats what we usually do.... has that diff got alloy cups in it if not is time for em now......

I'm borking on some borks on eBork. Hopefully I can bork them at a decent cost then bork them in to my savage bork.

Is borken a nationality? Or religion?

On a side note, killing your diffs is a right of passage for RCs. Get aluminum diff housings like Jam recommended, some new diff oil, hardened gears and shims and rebuild that sucker!

Or..........be super cool and do this:
http://www.rccoh.com/rc.how-to/savage.cen.diffs.html

View attachment 4488
That CEN diff swap looks badass! I think I'd be ok with the taller final drive if I used a 3spd tranny right? I've read that the 1st gear is 10% shorter so my overall loss in final drive would be 4%(in first gear)

Those things are expensive and hard to find. I think I can get 2 savvy duffs for the price of 1 CEN.

Ya I agree that Cen diff is sweet.... although for most bashing the stock hard diffs will be just fine for most situations.... on mine I still have the 43 tooth rings and 13 pinions on it and they seem fine so far, we will see how long they last this spring and summer....

The cen diff mod is a good upgrade and they are stonger. But, I've also snapped a few teeth off the cen pinion before. It was perfectly shimmed and everything.

The cen diff mod is a good upgrade and they are stonger. But, I've also snapped a few teeth off the cen pinion before. It was perfectly shimmed and everything.

Perfectly true. No part is ever unbreakable. Some are just more capable of longevity than others are.

ok heres a broken diff but nice job on the diff
S5031004.jpg

S5030879.jpg

DSCF1049.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back