Is 6S a natural progression?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mexxan

Hey all. I finally got enough space to run my Flux at full whack and it felt damn good!
My SMC's are absolutely brilliant but I need another set of packs so I can get a constant charge / run.

It's crunch time as I'm torn between 4S or going balls out on 6S. Love the idea of speed but not of potentially frying my Flux. MY speed on 4S is pretty similar to my Baja - and I just wanna get a little edge on it.

I remember Brian from SMC posting that he gave his 6S away. That's got me thinking.

Any opinions? What did you start / stick with?

Still running my SMC 6000mAH 28C 4S, well the second set anyway. I puffed the first set because I was stupid.

I'm thinking about 6S myself but probably not till next spring. Got the bulletproof diffs installed so i'm covered there

I have ran both 4S and 6S on the flux and the BL E-Revo. I prefer 6S but is a handfull, 6S takes a very good skilled driver or you will destroy it.

You will deffinitely need either the CEN diffs or the Bulletproof Diffs on 6S. The truck I did was running the CEN's.

Ultametly 5S would be perfict if possible on these trucks in my opinion.

I have just fitted the hyperion 3s 6500 35c battery in the stock box. It's very snug but will stay in well with some velcro...
I have paired this on the motor side with a hyperion 2s 6500 35c and will run 5s with it...I will post opinions after charger arrives and I try it.

As long as your using quality batteries balanced correctly and they match Manufacture, mAH and 'c' rating you are good to go at 5s!

What about the low voltage cutoff with 5S? Will it kick in when the smaller batt gets low voltage? I've only used single LiPo's in my heli and don't have a FLUX but I was wondering about this. How does the ESC measure for the LVC in a FLUX?

Latest posts

Members online

Back