IRC Towers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

]-[0pa]0ng

HPISF Supporter
Here is something knowone as talked about: ( Weight )

2 pics of IRC vs Nova towers. Size and weight. IRC are huge and extremely heavy. NOVA weights next to nothing. For racing setup I would say go for Nova towers ( 2 Nova towers still weight less than one IRC by a big margin ) for bashing IRC is rock solid and they are huge. Something to think about when you plan to upgrade. Picture is worth a thousand words.

DSC_6312_edited-1.jpg

DSC_6311_edited-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice comparison Hop....I'm wanting a set of nova's , the innovative are nice but not willing to pay the 120+ dollars for them.

Just sent Rob an email about all this. I need the blk. Try not to vent. For bashing I don't see how anyone could ever destroy these IRC towers. They are massive in size and weight. I will try them out but I'm a racer and if your trying to shave weight I would highly recommend the Novas. I wish I had a small scale and give the weights for both.

By the way that's my 10 yr old apprentice ( Niece ) holding up the IRC tag. So get this she wants to go to the races and see them run.

Cool or what? I'm a proud Uncle....

Thank you for giving a nice picture to compare the 2 Hop. Seeing the comparsion I wonder what shock you would need/want out as far as those towers go? :scratch:

Everything is a learing curve. I will get a pic showing the thickness tomorrow.

IRC just emailed and promptly. They sent out the silver by mistake. The very next day they sent out the Black ones. So I should have them by tomorrow. Didn't have to ask. There service is great excellent communications. I wouldn't hesitate placing another order through IRC.

the advantage i can see with the irc towers is obviously there are a lot more mounting holes for the shocks, allowing a finer tune of leverage rates on the shock, weather that is worth the weight penalty will be an interesting debate..

i liked the fastlane buggy style towers as the have more mounting holes which are also higher up than the stock position, neither of the above towers have any mounting positions above stock as far as I'm aware.

meant i could lower my savage quite abit and get it to hold corners much better. not great towers for bashing though

I really like the black color of these towers. The Nova towers are just over 1/4" think and the IRC towers are just over 1/2" thick. Just a little comparison.

DSC_6318_edited-1.jpg

DSC_6319_edited-1.jpg

DSC_6325_edited-1.jpg

DSC_6320_edited-1.jpg

He made a mistake on the silver caught it and sent the blacks out the next day. Didn't even have to ask. It was just done. I emailed Rob saying one Thank You and 2 I will be giving these silver tower up for the next Contest. My way of thanking IRC for being on top.

What I need is the weight of a stock tower. If anyone knows could you drop that info here. Were can I get a scale that will measure the weight of small parts.? Like to weight the IRC and Nova towers. This way Everyone will have some basic info comparing size and weight pertaining to these towers.

Then I will move on to the next step.

Thx

Couple shots give a visual what I did have and what I'm in the process of doing: I was using Nova towers and thought I'd look into IRC towers. Look at the pitch of the shocks. Those shocks are Racer X series from UE.

DSC_6330_edited-1.jpg

rpm_arms-12.jpg

WOW that will give a nice new look Hop, how much difference in the shocks can you feel now?

IRC makes quality stuff no doubt! But i can't help but be concerned about the weight of such huge towers and the impact they'll have on CoG. Also when you start adding weight like that you have to beef up the engine to compensate, then the drivetrain to handle the extra power and then beef everything else to handle the extra weight and when all is said and done the sum total is the same as when you started.

It's all part of a rebuild. Well see. Every part of the truck is being updated. It's all about having fun in the process. Once it's built and I run the hell out of it I will admit if it was the way to go or not and why that is. I'm dropping in an STS D30M Rb mod, already have the Kippster outboard ti bones 304 stainless steel drive shafts acer ceramic bearings. If it breaks that what all this is about, break down rebuild again, right

Last edited by a moderator:
they definitely look the business... and i cant see them breaking or bending, but even if these were locked in some alloy GH Bulks, i can see the bulks being bent from a bad landing because the tower will not give way...

Are these really necessary hop ups?

haha i know frddy...

but in terms of an actual performance upgrade. Yes these offer great mounting positions, but adds extra weight and would most probably destroy your bulks in a crash...

i am hoping someone releases a stronger version of the hellfire style shock with mounting positions for the upper a arm too.... that would be a good idea no?

i am hoping someone releases a stronger version of the hellfire style shock with mounting positions for the upper a arm too.... that would be a good idea no?

larsen offers the hellfire tower in 6mm quasi-weave carbon fiber. bet he'd put a mounting hole in it anywhere you want him to.

IRC has some excellant products. Really hope he bring some shocks out just like his new baja shocks. Robs service is top notch :) Them shock towers look like they could take some beating

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back