IRC Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

]-[0pa]0ng

HPISF Supporter
Just received these the other. Can't get over just how huge they are, Massive. I wanted to compare them to my other shocks. Thought I'd share a few pics with everyone and give yet another way to understand another product. These will be going on a truck I will build for Bashing.

DSC_6629_edited-1.jpg

DSC_6626_edited-1.jpg

DSC_6634_edited-1.jpg

They are amazing, I got mine a long time ago and love them!

They are amazing, I got mine a long time ago and love them!

You have any pics I could see of your truck w/ shock setup. I've been looking at Flyzones truck off SC. I'm liking those Flex tec arms and how the mount up with those shocks.

I have a set of the flex tec arms and they are everything that they are advertised.. I have the IRC kit for LST arms coming, but am not sure if the suspension arm brackets will line up with the holes on the flex tec arms. That titanium might be hard to drill new holes in.. should be interesting but well worth the effort. Have a question, are the IRC shock ends plastic or metal?

derlin, with a metal ball insert.
DSC00152.JPG

the pic aint the best, sorry for that, but you can just about see the insert in the end.
*from Robs' site:*
All parts are made from high grade derlin and ultra strong reinforced nylon, while all aluminium parts are made from high grade 6065-T6 and anodized to a hard durable finish. Shock Shafts are made from high grade steel and fully hardened for ultra long life when bashing.

hope to be of ASSistance
dan

please don't be put off by the above pic, a week earlier i hit a mates 21, his front wheel and that shock hit head on....
that was fine....
till i didn't bother putting the failsafe in, and hit a wall at a 45 degree angle, on that shocks' side. me being stupid!

FMj40 - How long have you been running them? Did you polish them by chance? I heard to use jewlers rouge. Seems a little vague. Looking for how to do this.

thx

Nope, haven't tried polishing them, that might be an idea down the road though. I have run them for quite some time on a savage X non-SS with nova shock towers and four shock ofna setup.. that setup road very nice and held up good. I am currently have all the parts to upgrade to the LST shock setup since the ofna shocks had just a hair too little travel for the bashing i do. But they never bent the shock rods, mustn't have been bashing hard enough. But as far as the flex tek arms are concerned, i tried to bend them while off of the truck, and couldn't! The are spendy but if you only want to buy one set of suspension arms again.. these would fit the bill.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back