IRC- lcg tvps

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carlg1

Hi guys, i am in a dilemma as to which IRC lcg tvps to buy, am leaning towards the 1" back and 6mm forward ones but was wondering if a standard hpi GT2/flux body shell would fit, is it a matter of re-drilling the mounting holes or would it look silly, also which shell would fit if the flux one doesn't or should i just go with standard length tvps, any input would be appreciated piccogirl

Hi guys, i am in a dilemma as to which IRC lcg tvps to buy, am leaning towards the 1" back and 6mm forward ones but was wondering if a standard hpi GT2/flux body shell would fit, is it a matter of re-drilling the mounting holes or would it look silly, also which shell would fit if the flux one doesn't or should i just go with standard length tvps, any input would be appreciated piccogirl

It all depends on what plans you have instore for the savvy after it's built. Pending on motor and tuning skills, and if you still want wheelies, it is possible to still do wheelies. I went with the 1" rear +6mm front IRC TVPs myself. So far I'm very impressed with the handling and quality of the parts. If you plan on goin the mid-tank route and depnding on the tank size your gonna use, also depends on the length of the TVPs. If your gonna use IRCs mid-tank kit with the 250cc Ofna tank, you have to go with at least the 6mm front extended TVPs, if I remember correctly. As far as bodies goes, the stock body will fit with redrilling holes in the body and flippin the body posts around. It will fit, but will look funny on the ext. TVPs. If you do go with the ext. and when your ready to get a new body, SC truck (short course) and LST bodies fit really nice. I believe some of the bodies for the Revo also fit, but not 100% sure on that one. Anymore questions just let me know and I'll help you out the best I can.

cheers mate for your reply, all the info i needed,prob will get the 1" and 6mm ext tvps as it gives me the option for further upgrades in the future,i have a drag modded picco from adam so hopefully it should still pull the wheels up, one other question, will the roto start work with these tvps,

cheers mate for your reply, all the info i needed,prob will get the 1" and 6mm ext tvps as it gives me the option for further upgrades in the future,i have a drag modded picco from adam so hopefully it should still pull the wheels up, one other question, will the roto start work with these tvps,

It should definately still pull the wheels up with that motor depending on what gearing your runnin. Also depends on what size rims/tires you'll be runnin. Mine does and I'm runnin a modded axial 28 with 49/17 gearing. The roto start won't work with the IRC LCG TVPs. you'll have to switch over to a pull start, which in turn, also saves on OWBs. There was a vid posted awhile back with a ERCM modded picco runnin in the ext. IRC set-up and was pullin nice wheelies.

It should definately still pull the wheels up with that motor depending on what gearing your runnin. Also depends on what size rims/tires you'll be runnin. Mine does and I'm runnin a modded axial 28 with 49/17 gearing. The roto start won't work with the IRC LCG TVPs. you'll have to switch over to a pull start, which in turn, also saves on OWBs. There was a vid posted awhile back with a ERCM modded picco runnin in the ext. IRC set-up and was pullin nice wheelies.

The roto-start won't work with the 6+1 tvp ?
I ordered mine 6 weeks ago and still haven't got them yet .
Guess i'll be ordering a pullstart if thats the case .

The roto-start won't work with the 6+1 tvp ?
I ordered mine 6 weeks ago and still haven't got them yet .
Guess i'll be ordering a pullstart if thats the case .

It says on the IRC website that the roto start can't be used with their TVPs and X-style bulks. I replaced my roto with a pull start anyways before trying to see if roto was still an option. The roto killed my OWB in less than a gal. of fuel. I'm in the process now of replacin the OWB and shaft. But, now I need to wait until the new backplate shows up cuz I broke mine pullin it apart. Guess I sealed the motor up real good. If you haven't gotten your order yet from IRC, contact them via email. Rob is usually quick with replys. Before you order a pull start, check and see if roto will still work.

Members online

Back