IRC kit with RPM a arms?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

X

Conspiracy of One
HPISF Staff
HPISF Supporter
Does the IRC LST shock kit mount to the RPM A-Arms? I would like a nicer alternative to the savage 25 a-arms.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not for sure on that but it dose look like you can get the IRC kit for the savage x a-arms so i would assume that you can use the rpm arms.

Where do you see an X-arms kit? I only see a savage X kit with non x a-arms.

Unless you fabricate some mounting hardware of your own, I'm pretty sure the IRC mounting kit will not fit the RPM lower arms.
The X mounting kit is only for the Savage X Towers, not the arms.

oh my bad I'm sorry i guess i didnt look close enough

I thought so at first, but ended up getting a set of 25 lower arms. I just ordered by Black IRC shocks, should be here in about a week or so.

Too bad, but thats what I thought.

Hey Shortay, I got my IRC shock last week and you will love them. As for the A Arms I was going to buy the Vantage Carbon Fiber arms but I'm not sure if the IRC kit will work. Vantage will run me close to 300 and the IRC did run me at 183 bucks. With that kind of money I want to make sure that everything fits. Cheers!!

I dunno, personally I wouldn't spend that kind of money on something like that made out of CF.
A Arms are one of the most common breaks on a savage and I would hate to spend $300 on something that has a higher chance of breaking than a cheap $10 part.
I would run stock plastic, it flexes and goes back to its original shape, it has less chance of snapping than CF. As for alloy arms, I wouldn't get them either, they will either bend and stay bent or just snap.

I dunno, personally I wouldn't spend that kind of money on something like that made out of CF.
A Arms are one of the most common breaks on a savage and I would hate to spend $300 on something that has a higher chance of breaking than a cheap $10 part.
I would run stock plastic, it flexes and goes back to its original shape, it has less chance of snapping than CF. As for alloy arms, I wouldn't get them either, they will either bend and stay bent or just snap.

I don't see any advantage to the CF arms on top of what you said, they cant be that much lighter than the plastic ones. don't want your bottom end too light anyway IMO. I question CF on a savage anyway, aleast for bashing. I haven't had any on my truck but I do have a quadrocopter, the frame is CF and ALU and the CF breaks on me often. I don't know if there are different grades or types of CF but what I have doesnt flex at all.

TVPs, Skid Plate, Midtank Plate and Engine Plate are about the only things that you want made of CF on the car. Thing like shock towers, A Arms and Upper Arms should be left to the stock plastic IMO.

I agree with you guy on the CF. With advantage CF it looks like they back up there product really good and I want to start to race this year. My Savy is 14.5 pounds and I would like to get it on a diet for about 3.5 to 4 pounds. Cheers!!:cheers:

You guys should have got the Vantage a arms that I was bidding on ebay a few weeks back.....a complete set brand new! Sold for $130 if I remember correctly for 4 sets, enough to do the entire truck

There are many different grades of carbon fiber. Alot of what is used is just regular weaved carbon. The good stuff is a quasi (spelling) weaved carbon which is a tri-weaved carbon this is basicly that the layers of carbon cloth that is layed into the resin in 3 different directions giving it much more strength that the regular 2 direction carbon. My parts are all made from quasi )3 Direction material.

O also as far as weight goes the plastics used on these trucks weighs about .054 Pounds per cubic In and Carbon Fiber is .060 so it weighs a touch more than the plastic but there are much less to these carbon fiber arms than the stock plastic arms. However I think I would stay with the stock arms expecially for the price.

Just to throw this out there Alu. is .0978 #/cubic"

Just another note. I do plan on making the LST shock mounts from carbon since I will be using 4mm anyway. My goal is to make a kit that works with the non-X and then also the X with the stock a-arms. However, you will have to drill a hole in to the arm and run a bolt threw the arm with a nut on the back side but I recomend this on both sets of arms (X, 21, 25) just for the added support.

You guys should have got the Vantage a arms that I was bidding on ebay a few weeks back.....a complete set brand new! Sold for $130 if I remember correctly for 4 sets, enough to do the entire truck
I KNOW!!!! I was the bidder!! I lost them buy a buck some one on this sit got it. I was in front most of the night and I thought I had it lock up. When I got up I seen it was gone for 132 I bid 130 I think. My user name is thepiper007 the 007 is a James Bond thing lol. Man was I dissapointed. What a deal. Maybe he will sell it for 200 bucks!! Cheers!!:beer:

Just another note. I do plan on making the LST shock mounts from carbon since I will be using 4mm anyway. My goal is to make a kit that works with the non-X and then also the X with the stock a-arms. However, you will have to drill a hole in to the arm and run a bolt threw the arm with a nut on the back side but I recomend this on both sets of arms (X, 21, 25) just for the added support.
Hi Jason. Do u make CF parts? if so thats great. I'm looking to do my whole truck and I'm about to bid on the Vantage a arms and there a set of chassies that are CF that I want. Should I hold on and work with you? Let me know Cheers!!:cheers:

I would love it if you worked with me. Yes I'm starting to make cf stuff. Here is the link to my thread you can read all day long if you want but on the last page which this should open to I have a link to pictures of them installed on my truck https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4054&page=6 In the thread I have been talking about 3mm but now have switched directions and am going to be using 4mm as its a bit stronger and not much heavier and doesnt cost much more. These part will be just fine for bashing as they are just as stiff as the stock chassis. Everything will be sold in kits which will include everything needed from bolts to braces to dog bones.

Latest posts

Members online

Back