Interest in truggy suspension on a Savage?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orcusomega

I took the rough measurements from a Savage lower control arm, and put them into CAD. The design is simple - just make an arm that is strong and light - and in CAD, make the end interchangeable. I have been playing with the different ends from truggy suspensions to see which would be best on a savage - I want to make one arm that will work in the front or the back - and have been looking at a the Jammin X2 (parts too hard to find), Hellfire (parts getting too hard to find, but I have a bunch on hand), the Losi 8ight 2.0 Truggy (parts plentiful, but expensive), or D8T (keep it pure with all HPI parts, but too hard for me to get my hands on locally).

Add that to a custom shock tower, and I am trying to make a good all-around race truck. I know, just go buy a truggy - but I don't want one :)

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!

Bob

Add that to a custom shock tower, and I am trying to make a good all-around race truck. I know, just go buy a truggy - but I don't want one :)

I agree Bob. Anyone can just go buy a truggy and run it, that is not what this savage thing is all about.

some great ideas and design work here, looking forward to see it come together.

pope if you hear from bobby boy let him know i need some info from him, please and thanks

Quick update - the prototype for the Jammin X2 suspension conversion arm is out to get machined - this will allow me to use the suspension components from the X2 on a Savage. I need to get ONE working right, and once I get this back, I will be able to get it tested out.

ITMLhl.jpg

I am also working on the parts for the front end and a replacement for the RSC upper bracket mounts. Instead of having to machine out the housings, I am trying to make a shock tower with the integrated mount - not as easy as I thought it would be though :)

More to come,

Bob

Love the Cad Work! Hopefully this works out for you! Watching closely :)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back