integy stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've read most of there products tend to bend easily but some are ok like there clutch shoes as was stated.. I'm guessing they use a lower grade alum or something as there parts do look awsome...

integy uses a softer aluminum, and in turn has a better shine. in short more for show than go.

thank guys. i have there diff cups in my savvy 25 they seem to be holding up well

You just have to watch what you buy from them. I have their tools and they are awesome. I also use their revo carb slide as the stock plastic wears out.

When people see Integy they see it as cheap aluminum. Which, it does carry a lower cost. So, people want a "strong" truck and will load it up with Integy. That is when the truck crashes and everything bends. Who are you going to blame? The shotty company who made the parts.

There are two things to consider here:

1) Integy does not "bake" or temper their parts so they are T0. If they did temper them then they would be alot stronger. Again, it looks pretty as the parts are not tempered Integy also does not offer a warranty on anything of theirs that has been ran on for the above reasons.

2) Any aluminum to aluminum does not provide a weak point. When aulminum does not have a weak point then it will bend. Plastic snaps. When you balance the upgrades to have a balance of weak points with plastic then the Integy parts actually do quite well. I had broke a revo arm and bought the integy as it was all I could find in a small town in Oregon. The arm worked out great! It was also surrounded by lots of parts that provided flex (ie: plastic).

My general rule of thumb is that anything that you need endurance on then to go with a better brand than integy.Items like diff cups I would get from GH or Nova (Nova preferred for me) and shoes I like the Jammin/ Ofna shoes. But, keep in mind that the colors are for different weights/ strengths. RPM is great for arms and FLM and New Era offer great TVP solutions.

Just be smart about it and dony buy all of their stuff. And too much aluminum does not mean "bullet proof" or "stronger". You need relief in there,

I use the rear hub carriers. I got tired of popping off the turnbuckles. I've beat these things to death with NO issues. It's the only Integy part I have.

i also use the rear axle carriers with no problems. i have only bent one pin. on the flip side tho a have used there shocktowers, skidplates, tankgaurd, and all of those pieces are now in the trash. 4-5 wrecks with those parts and they were finished.

gh racing has some nice stuff, lately I'm liking the gpm racing products too but others may not like gpm not sure.... another company that makes nice products is FLM "fast lane machine" one other place that alot use for hop up parts is Innovative RC

Last edited by a moderator:
the parts i want to change are the diff cups, tvps,motor plate,motor mount,and maybe the axle carriers

the parts i want to change are the diff cups, tvps,motor plate,motor mount,and maybe the axle carriers

Cups, you can get full Xss/ 4.6 or XL diffs in the bulk heads on Ebay cheap if you look.
TVP's, FLM or IRC
Plate, I use FLM
Mount, I have used HPI HD and Nova I prefer the HPI HD
Axle carriers/Hubs, The only one worth the money for price/performance Is HPI's savage suspension conversion. All the rest do half as much for around the same price.

No integy parts other than springs, clutch shoes, brakes. The rest is for the shelf queens. And the hubs other than eliminating tie rods adds no upgrade. More of a side step.

Last edited by a moderator:
arent xss/4.6 diffs cast aluminum, id like to have machined alloy, over cast

Members online

Back