Integy stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Codered3232

I was looking to upgrade my a Arms current ones I'm running. They are in integy. I had another member on here tell me their stuff is not very quality. Just wondering what kind of aluminum a arms you all are running or would recommend thanks

I was looking to upgrade my a Arms current ones I'm running. They are in integy. I had another member on here tell me their stuff is not very quality. Just wondering what kind of aluminum a arms you all are running or would recommend thanks

Personally, I would switch to plastic. Either stock or RPM. The a-arms tend to be a spot where aluminum is not a benefit, doesn't absorb the impacts well.

As mentioned, most people don't run alloy arms. You want plastic ones so they can flex/absorb impacts. Aluminum ones just bend or break the bulkheads/axle carriers/c-hubs. I wouldn't suggest RPM arms unless your running an 8 shock setup. I have them on my flux with a 4 shock setup and I'm probably going to remove them. They twist too much when you hit something or land from a big jump. They twist so much that they snap shock ends in half. I have 10+ busted shock ends from my flux. I can't even remember the last time I broke one on my savage-X which has stock arms with the same 4 shock setup. I bought my flux used and it came with the RPM lower arms and even after lowering my oil weight, I broke yet another shock end last weekend on a not very big jump. Considering what you have to buy to get 4 shock ends ($15+ parts tree), I'm not going to fight with them all summer again and will switch the arms out. I think I have a full set of stock arms.

As mentioned, most people don't run alloy arms. You want plastic ones so they can flex/absorb impacts. Aluminum ones just bend or break the bulkheads/axle carriers/c-hubs. I wouldn't suggest RPM arms unless your running an 8 shock setup. I have them on my flux with a 4 shock setup and I'm probably going to remove them. They twist too much when you hit something or land from a big jump. They twist so much that they snap shock ends in half. I have 10+ busted shock ends from my flux. I can't even remember the last time I broke one on my savage-X which has stock arms with the same 4 shock setup. I bought my flux used and it came with the RPM lower arms and even after lowering my oil weight, I broke yet another shock end last weekend on a not very big jump. Considering what you have to buy to get 4 shock ends ($15+ parts tree), I'm not going to fight with them all summer again and will switch the arms out. I think I have a full set of stock arms.
Ok thanks for the ideas guys. I like things are shiny, but don't work so good.

Have had no problem so far with the stock arms( 4 shock set up on my XL Flux ) they sure can take a beating :)

Integy by nature is bad because they use cast low grade aluminium. Sadly integy is the only option some times, I am forced to use the integy rear carriers for example. i used the front caster blocks and steering knuckles but they bent slightly so now I use stock knuckles/caster blocks.

I also used RPM a-arms, I think they are good as they remove slope, how ever I also use LST shocks and for that stock arms are better as you need to use a 6mm spacer on the lower arms.

Use alloy arms if you are happy with it. I wouldn't as I have landed far too many times on one wheel doing jumps. Some times I have broken a-arms and knuckles, some times I have broken nothing. You would want a-arms and knuckles to snap on heavy impact in order to not damage the bulkheads.

The "best" alloy a-arms are FLM ones, but they cost 150 and are made from 6060 machined aluminium. But they also bend and break from impacts which is sad. I don't suggest alloy a-arms for a basher or jumper savage, only for road going savages.

Integy by nature is bad because they use cast low grade aluminium. Sadly integy is the only option some times, I am forced to use the integy rear carriers for example. i used the front caster blocks and steering knuckles but they bent slightly so now I use stock knuckles/caster blocks.

I use their HD ones on both of my savage's, but I replaced the lower pin with a 5mm bolt. I hate dealing with e-clips, especially when your out bashing and they fall off for no good reason. The carriers have held up to a lot of abuse, so I guess even integy can make something good once in a while.

I also used RPM a-arms, I think they are good as they remove slope, how ever I also use LST shocks and for that stock arms are better as you need to use a 6mm spacer on the lower arms.

I tried LST shocks on mine with the RPM arms. I ran a long bolt through both shock mount ears and put a nut on the far back. They also twisted so much they even snapped the LST rod ends which are big and beefy. I have the IRC LST shock conversion kit in a drawer, won it on RCNT I think. Since mine had RPM arms, I couldn't use it... I'm going to change my arms tonight. If the big bore shock ends hold up for a few bash sessions, perhaps I'll try the LST conversion/shocks as well.

I snapped the screws holding the irc shocks using rpm arms and 6mm spacer. It is hard to remove a broken screw without hurting the nylon threads. No, stock arm work better with irc shocks as 2/3 of the screw is supported by the a-arm opposed to only 1/3 with the rpm arms.

Latest posts

Members online

Back