Integy Savage titanium turnbuckles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

savagemanXL

Hey guys and gals,
I have just received my Integy titanium turnbuckles for my Savage XL, I was told that they would fit right in, but they do not!
The balls in the rod ends are not the same as the stock ones, and no spacers of any kind were supplied, also, one of the turnbuckle rod ends is machined to a a different shape and doesn't look right.
Anyone have any ideas on a simple and cheap solution to this?
I would really like to run these turnbuckles, as I keep hitting stuff and breaking the stock ones.
Are rod ends available from a different source that I could swap out for the Integy ones?

Thanks guys and gals.

I don't think you will be happy with them...i put them on Christophers truck and they didnt last long. The aluminum is soft and they stretched out like the plastic ones. They also limited the travel on the control arms.

The Integy Super Duty Turnbuckles T7090 and the Titanium T6970 Turnbuckles are poorly

The Integy Super Duty Turnbuckles T7090 and the Titanium T6970 Turnbuckles are poorly designed!! They don't fit like the stock ones at all. The Integy balls in the aluminum cups are smaller and don't rotate as much as the stock ones. If you managed to get it mounted the steering binds and the wheels do not return to center! I tried to remedy this by lowering the arms by using a longer screw and washers at the steering center link, I also put the rod ends on top of the steering block instead of underneath so it would reduce the angle and not bind at the ball joint. This worked....BUT this is the next problem, the suspension when compressed would push the front wheels outwards as it landed, not good! So What I finally did and it works 100% (wasting almost $80 on two sets of these Integy rod ends) was that I took out the Integy titanium center rod and screwed it into the stock plastic ball joints. Works flawlessly! Only downside I don't have aluminum rod ends. And for the rear rod ends I just eliminated them by using the Integy alloy rear hub carrier T6906. I have the Savage X4.6 RTR. and I am going to write a complaint to Integy. Does anybody have the same complaint as me??

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back