Integy rear hub for Savage XL Flux?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they will work. I have them on my 4.6. If you ant to double check just look at the bearing size for the other trucks. They just ride on the included pin so worse case you would just have to add shims. Pretty sure they are the same tho.

Yes they will work. The steering knuckle and hubs are the same on all the savage models. And on a side note, that's the ONLY part from Integy that I would use.
May I ask why no on integy parts? I got the front hubs and carriers and I'm thinking of getting some other things. It sounds like you had a bad experience and I know how that could be. Just curious especially if it save me some time, money or heartache. Thanks.

Well, the only Integy parts I've had experience with are the rear hubs (no issues), alum shock towers (bent WAY to easy), and their piggyback shocks. The shocks are a lot more time consuming filling with oil and the shafts bend 100x easier than the stock savage plastic shocks. Even when they came out with the set that had the larger diameter shock shaft, a perfect landing from about 6' bent the shaft.

Well, the only Integy parts I've had experience with are the rear hubs (no issues), alum shock towers (bent WAY to easy), and their piggyback shocks. The shocks are a lot more time consuming filling with oil and the shafts bend 100x easier than the stock savage plastic shocks. Even when they came out with the set that had the larger diameter shock shaft, a perfect landing from about 6' bent the shaft.
Thank you. I'll be sure to stay away from the shocks and towers. I was thinking some other stuff anyway. Thanks so much.

I also think that the rear hub is the only good upgrade to buy, just because it's very difficult to crash the rear wheels. The front arms, knuckle etc only in plastic, absolutely! Thank you for the help, i just bought 4 of them for 27€! :)

I do have the integy front hubs and casters and I have to say I've taken a really good hit with them and they didn't break. In fact my FLM extended upper arm got ripped apart by that hit while the caster hubs stood up. Flm was great about sending me a replacement arm. Here's a cute pic of the a arm. The front diff case also tore at the bottom mounting hole.

Attachments

• 20200222_221915.jpg
    20200222_221915.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I run them on the rear of my flux hp with the XL extended axles and the super duty bones.
2018-0402-SavageFlux-Hubs-OnTruckTop.jpg

I modified some cheap 17mm "extensions" to use with the longer XL axle shafts so that most of the extension is riding on the axle vs hanging off as it was intended. Did the same on my X with the same hubs.

I cut them and drilled a hole through the hex area so the wheel captures the pin:
2018-0402-SavageFlux-Hubs-CutUncut.jpg

I only did it the first time because I snapped an axle off at the thread and I had these in a drawer. Finding an axle at the time was proving difficult, so I figured the worse I could do was ruin the $10 hubs. Worked so well I did the same for my X so I could do away with the hat nuts.

I replaced the hinge pins with 5mm bolts that had the unthreaded part long enough for the arm/hub to ride on and a locknut, then cut off the remainder.

Look real nice. I don't think I'll be good enough to get the hole drilled centered but now thinking of it I don't think it needs to be 100% centered. I'm big on increasing the width of my savage x. Is there a set of extensions you would recommend the will give me around 1/2 inch total increase in width. I already have the extended arms and shafts.

I've been using unbranded 17mm wheel hex hubs on stock Savage axles, using a threaded sleeve rod on the axle end to support the wheel hub. There are many 17mm wheel hex hubs on ebay in all colours. Some hex hubs need to filed down on the wheel side as they have a raised inner lip. The key is to find a threaded sleeve rod, as this makes a good support. However I have also used a nyloc nut in the past.

There are also other suppliers for aluminium C hubs and have used the chinese made versions without any issues. Your just paying for the Intergy brand.

I ordered 4 pieces of those hubs from Aliexpress for 30€, i didn't buy the Integy ones

Latest posts

Members online

Back