Integy HPI Savage Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the one thing you want to be sure of is that when you get any shocks is that you put an appropriate weight oil in them compared to the spring tension. Hop can attest to this as he had the same problem for a long time till we realized his heavy oil/light spring was causing him to bend shaft at almost every jump

would depend on the springs you use, start with a lighter oil on the spring you want and go up until you find a setting you like. I use a light oil with 2 different springs at each corner on stock shocks

First Basher Haven is running the new version of Integy shock with much success. I wish he would catch this thread. I'll see what I can do and ask him to jump over here.

Now for the shocks ( color Silver and Purple )here is the link to look at. If your interested in buying these PM me We have an account with Integy and I'll PM you with a new price.

Integy MSR8 Heavy Duty Shocks

Yeah,.. I just resently picked up a set of 8 and I can definately tell you that their bigger, beefier, and stiffer compared to the earlier versions. One might take note that making these shocks install comfortably, at least for me is another matter. The springs are so large that they rub on the steering linkage and turnbuckles interfering with free movement. The shocks on the positive side are strong enough to run as a set of 4 instead of 8....cool. So I split the set and cost with a buddy who has a Savage also. This gave my bud an opportunity to mod the shock arangements for both trucks while I came up with an effective front and rear bumber mod that makes the whole thing work out for both of us. This shock arrangement is still under my skin though because this configuration of my buds mod creates a sacrifial loss of shaft travel in the front susspension. Why Integy can sell these shocks without being acountable to the design limitations of the Savage is beyond me. All I know is that if I intend to install the other 4 shocks that my Savage is supposed to have, I'll be pulling hair to figure out how to make them fit. There are some other issues with the shocks themselves that are of some consern but, for the most part, these shocks are bad-a$$ sick. I hope Integy takes notice of these forumes to get a clue about thier design issues and offer there customers a cost-free solution to thier obvious oversights. -DOOBEEWHA

Last edited by a moderator:
Its always something ain't it Doobeewha! I looked into those shocks and thought that the thickness might turn into an issue, so i went with the LST setup. Perhaps some thicker shock standoffs up top and a space on bottom might help things a bit? Also, IRC sells individual pieces of the LST shock mounting setup, some of which might cure your clearance issues.. Just a thought.

All have to look in to that, fmj40. Can you provide some pics of the set up your talking about? That would be real helpful. I'm still getting to know my camera but if you like, I'll send some pics of the setup I came up with. There are some real benifits to the 4 shock arrangement, not to mention, cost factor. And hey, Thanks for your input, fmj40.

If you look in the forum under JT's mods... there is a thread titled "blue streak". He has the LST setup. You can see how they are mounted and then decide which parts of that you would need to cure your clearance issues. I would think using some spacers where the shock mounts at the tower, and the arm would fix the issue. The LST shocks are extremely thick, so rather than just a spacer on the mount screw, you have to go a little extreme and use the special brackets supplied by IRC. If you go to the Innovative rc website, you should be able to find some shock standoffs that would help. I have also seen some folks use some aluminum tube stock cut into 1/4 inch lengths to act as shock standoffs. Unfortunately, I don't have access to any pics for you.. Another idea would be to check out the Nova RC shock towers on the Nova rc website. The pics they have of those towers using the larger 1/8 buggy shocks might help as well.. Glad i could be of service..

Yea, my buds mod is using some round brass oil impregnated (spacer type)standoffs with a piece of fuel tubing cut to length and inserted into it for a real nice fit, and a little rubber-seated faucet washer to extend the height of the spring cup for some turnbuckle clearance. Thanks again for your interest in my setup and I'll check out these referals you suggested. I'm just a little conserned that the standoffs are creating a greater stress on the shock tower pins. -DOOBEEWHA

By the way, I've got some Integy LST shocks for my LST truck. Thier total BEEF. Have seen or heard of any cool options with this sinario and a Savage?

Actually, from what i have heard and seen, the LST shocks on the savage is the hot setup. I have had many probs with the stocks shocks. After joining this forum i realized that perhaps i had a little too thick a fluid in them. However, since then I have purchased the LST shocks and the IRC mounting kit. The kit includes shock mounts that space the shocks slightly higher on the suspension arm, as well as out away from the shock tower. It also includes a bracket to relocate the rear turnbuckles so that they don't interfere with the shocks. Looks to be a pretty clean setup, thats what they are running on the blue streak truck I mentioned in an earlier post. So if you have the Integy LST shocks already, all you would need is the IRC kit and you would be good to go. I had looked into the MSR8 shocks and decided to just get the big fatty LST shocks.

I guess from what your saying, I can mount either LST set or the Integy LST set with the IRC kit. cool....what does the IRC kit go for these days? I really dug that fuel tank mod I saw on the blue streak but did'nt notice the losi shocks anywhere. Imust have not have checked every post.

I think it ends up being about 40 bucks american.. IRC is a british business. I got mine through ebay, they have an ebay store. From what i can see, they are very well built. Also, new era models also has something similar, for about the same price. But new era's setup doesn't use a double bracket on the shock tower like IRC's does. I have been wracking my brain trying to find the thread on here where folks have pics of the LST shocks in use. They look mean as !@#$ and are plenty durable. There is one guy has his truck build up on here that uses them. Have been trying to find it, with little success. Can anyone help me out here? :)

I guess this is a weird question but, If you have , And maybe you do have, your own LST, Would you keep the LST shocks on the LST and Integy LST shocks on the Savage or swap 'em in reverse?

Thats a good question,. I've been sitting on these shocks for over ayear now and haven't even seen them in action either.Thier TOTAL BEEFAGE and not a peep out here....Whats up with that?... Savagemiesters!!

yeah, that was my situation as well.. i had mine for a while with plans on putting them on my savage but didn't get around to it till now. As far as which shocks to put on which truck.. i would say put the Integy on the heavier of the two, i don't know which it would be. The extra oil would come in handy for the heavier truck. But then, looks might be the overall deciding factor. Either way, let me know how those integy shocks work when you get them mounted up, i might get a set for my other savage if they work out good...

Hey Doobee... if you go to the galleries and look in JT's gallery, he has pics of the LST setup... you can get an idea of how those shocks will look. PRetty sweet, can't wait to get mine up and running. Got all the pieces, just need the time.

Hey, fmj... I'm hang'in out at my business locale just kickin it. And ya... I found some pics in our home page menu here., clik forum, and then I just broused the pics until I came across those IRC parts and even what Ithought to be LOSI type skocks parcially installed on a Savage that had the same fuel tank arrangement as Blue Streak. It might take awhile. By the way, I'm not to strong with the E-mail tools for private measaging yet so what tread are you at? I'm in "hop ups" -Integy shocks

My bud who owns the other half of the Integy Savage shocks has just installed some 17mm Hex Hubs and some BeadLock Rims & Tires today on his Savage.This has him pretty stoked about the fact. Maybe he'll want the 4 Integy Savage shocks I have so I can put the stock LST shocks into use on the Savage.

I like the idea of which truck is heavier theory. I don't know if you've seen any of my other posts on this forum but I've been trying to get this savage of mine squared away in the sence of it being ready to rock, so to speak. I think I'm pretty happy with my commitment to my direct drive setup on the Savage. I really like the power at the triger vs the slipper.

Direct drive huh? Makes sense... when you run a big enough engine, you have to tighten the darn thing up tighter than normal to keep it from slipping anyways. Too bad there wasn't some way to have springs involved to soak up impact energy.. kinda like the springs in a car clutch disk. As for your earlier posts.. sounds good about the shock situation. I was itching to get some beadlocks but i have brand new warlock wheels with dirt bonez mounted on them, ready to go. Just couldn't bring myself to new tires and wheels, when i hadn't even gotten those dirty yet. Unfortunately I still have about three weeks till i am in the states again... will be posting pics and the like at that point..

Latest posts

Members online

Back