Integy free savage build !!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Upbasher

Heres my integy free savage build.
Heres what this truck has:

Gpm 21 chassis plates
RPM arms
Hot racing shock set
Bulletproof diffs
Hpi gt 1 tires on new 17mm rims
Purple roll bar
FLM motor plate
Hot racing motor mount
Robinson racing spur (It will also have a robinson clutchbell when I get the engine for it)
Savox sc-0251 servo
Hpi 2.4ghz radio (Nothing special!) :)

Upgrades to come:

Lrp z.28 spec 3
Dynamite max life shoes

As soon as funds allow!!
Pics:

View attachment 4224
View attachment 4225

008-10.jpg

009-9.jpg

Better pics. If you have any upgrades you would recommend let me know.

looking good bro. nice job on no integy that crap sucks!!!!

OBVIOUSLY you have no idea I'm sure.... soooooo tired of unknowing people bash a companys product just because they are UNINFORMED on the subject..... way too many internet cowboys on these forums that spout nothing but CRAP......

OBVIOUSLY you have no idea I'm sure.... soooooo tired of unknowing people bash a companys product just because they are UNINFORMED on the subject..... way too many internet cowboys on these forums that spout nothing but CRAP......

Hey, we're allowed to have an opinion. Neither of us have had luck with integy so we're not endorsing them by using their products, sorry. And also we've never heard of anyone else having luck with it.

EDIT: Okay, I will admit their shock springs are pretty good. Besides, there's no pruducts that integy makes that I would want on this savage anyway.

Hey, we're allowed to have an opinion. Neither of us have had luck with integy so we're not endorsing them by using their products, sorry. And also we've never heard of anyone else having luck with it.

EDIT: Okay, I will admit their shock springs are pretty good. Besides, there's no pruducts that integy makes that I would want on this savage anyway.

Hey is your truck put what ya want on it....... just quit BASHING a companys product just because some person had a bad experience with one..... I have used alot of products in my 25 + years of RC and I even like Traxxas stuff too. it is because i am informed on what works and what doesn't..... good luck with your build......

Hey is your truck put what ya want on it....... just quit BASHING a companys product just because some person had a bad experience with one..... I have used alot of products in my 25 + years of RC and I even like Traxxas stuff too. it is because i am informed on what works and what doesn't..... good luck with your build......

Hey I like traxxas also. They really need to update the bulks and towers on the maxx trucks though. They break like crazy.

Hey I like traxxas also. They really need to update the bulks and towers on the maxx trucks though. They break like crazy.

Never broke a bulkhead or tower on my 2nd gen E Maxx, but I did upgrade em with RPM towers and Dynamite Bulkheads..... I also have the INTEGY lower chassis braces and they are as good today as when I put em on over 10 years ago, a lil scarred up but still holding strong.....

Never broke a bulkhead or tower on my 2nd gen E Maxx, but I did upgrade em with RPM towers and Dynamite Bulkheads..... I also have the INTEGY lower chassis braces and they are as good today as when I put em on over 10 years ago, a lil scarred up but still holding strong.....

Cool. I'm there are some integy parts that are good. Haven't found em yet though.
I've heard their rear bearing carriers are good for savages?

sorry jam i didn't mean p u off but but i just never a luck with them and i do beliebe u that they some good parts but i have not fone 1 yet but sorry bro just my opinion.

sorry jam i didn't mean p u off but but i just never a luck with them and i do beliebe u that they some good parts but i have not fone 1 yet but sorry bro just my opinion.

Don't get me wrong I ain't po'ed just think some uninformed "opinions" aint accurate. I have too many years in the hobby to keep hearing about cheap parts that fail. just try some of the things we do with RC stuff on a 1/1 vehicle any part will break under these uses... just sayin get Real and make good hopup choices....

Nice looking truck upbasher! I tend to sway away from using the stock HPI purple though :nono: LOL

Jam, you as much as everyone else is welcome to their opinions. Don't jump all over someone for voicing theirs. Integy is far from a quality company as far as parts go for the savage. As you stated though it is all about educated purchasing, there are a few items integy does very well.

Nice looking truck upbasher! I tend to sway away from using the stock HPI purple though :nono: LOL

Jam, you as much as everyone else is welcome to their opinions. Don't jump all over someone for voicing theirs. Integy is far from a quality company as far as parts go for the savage. As you stated though it is all about educated purchasing, there are a few items integy does very well.

Thanks man....haha I've gotten comments before about the purple. I guess I'm weird, I really like it. lol

I was not "jumping" on anyone I quoted what I feel is a misguided bash of a company ... I have used alot of Integy stuff and know those people who use em on their savage with good success... I guess my point is about making educated purchases for your truck/car/whatever. kinda like bashing Traxxas just because ya read some negative posts on some forum..... Good Luck with your rig Upbasher I hope ya enjoy running it.....

Updates. Now has body and engine. Although I can't decide if I should keep the picco ofna .26 I have in now or get an lrp .28????

001-19.jpg

002-18.jpg

003-17.jpg

004-15.jpg

Looks Very UUUMMMMM

Purple!! ya thats it PURPLE ! ! ! :lmao:

Cool Truck Man hope to see some Mud blocking out some of that Purple soon

I would put back on those springs all the way around. Like the rpm arms. Integy has some pretty stout shafts in the shocks. JMO- take it out and bash it before you add more aftermarket parts. IT's TOO CLEAN lol. Keep this thread going.

The truck is now complete with ofna linkage and I have some money towards the lrp so I will probably be getting that relatively soon!!!! :rock:

Just bought the LRP zr.28 s3
Should be here on wednesday or thursday :FarleyParty:
Really looking forward to it
I will update the thread with installed pics when I get it.... :)

Heres the latest picture of what it looks like. I put a different style spur on and made a nice battery tray for the 2500mah rx pack I got. And also covered the tank in a thick layer of foam and a layer of steel on the back to prevent breakage. Looking wicked.....also put the plastic roll on to protect the head crankcase and engine mount.

001fno.jpg

Engine installed!!!!! The truck is now finished....well, as soon as I get the air filter I won in the mail. Then it will be done
Pin it to win it is getting a new engine too soon. He should have pictures of his savage up soon here.
Heres my pics. Will be getting some running vids when I break it in

014xw.jpg

015da.jpg

016ms.jpg

Looks Great Up. soon will be time to get some dirt on it again... That last pic of the body is like a million stickers :lmao: I think I saw an Integy one on there too :eyes: Looks like is gonna be a fun bash rig.

I would really recommend covering up your electronics. Moisture and dust can be hell to them. If you are already ripping that area up, perhaps it's a good time to attempt a mid-tank conversion. :)

Looks good, let us know how the LRP does for you.

Yeah I could make a cover for it out of plastic or something......maybe I'll put the stock radio box back on, I'm not sure

Latest posts

Members online

Back