Integgy Piggyback Shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeuk

Has Anyone Running The Integy Piggyback Shoks And If So Do You Find The Shock Shaft Bends Far To Easy.after 20 Mins Of Bashing I Have Bent 6 Out Of The 8

I agree for a set of 8 being 20 bucks you can smash them to pieces all day and not care. Id go this way if I had a basher and not a ton of after market shocks. I run big bores Lst2's and aftershocks.

The HPI big bores can be expensive to replace. Stay with the stock shocks. I have two pro friends that would agree. (John & The Chan Man)

Keep it stock

I'm sorry but, the whole "piggy back" shock idea on a RC truck is BS! Why waste your time. Do you actually fill the shock with Nitrogen? So why have it? It looks cool. I have yet to see a truck next to a trophy with "piggy back" shocks. However see two SAVAGE trucks next to tropheys with stock shocks at the No Limit RC World Finals.

I'm sorry but, the whole "piggy back" shock idea on a RC truck is BS! Why waste your time. Do you actually fill the shock with Nitrogen? So why have it? It looks cool. I have yet to see a truck next to a trophy with "piggy back" shocks. However see two SAVAGE trucks next to tropheys with stock shocks at the No Limit RC World Finals.

Bulldaddy, not sure but i'm startin' to think that you prefer the stock sav shocks with black springs.......

Agreed but look at the track lay out... piggybacks are for looks only

I say go for the cen gst 7.7 shocks. That's what I'm runnin now and I put them through some abuse. Hard landings from 10-15ft. and a bunch of cartwheels. Never bent a single shaft. I've been through ever set of piggybacks that integy has ever made and they are all down and out.

I say go for the cen gst 7.7 shocks. That's what I'm runnin now and I put them through some abuse. Hard landings from 10-15ft. and a bunch of cartwheels. Never bent a single shaft. I've been through ever set of piggybacks that integy has ever made and they are all down and out.

xtreme, that is good info 2 me cuz i just grabbed 2 sets off the bay for $30bucks. just wanted to try something a little different and after reading jester's thread & the cheapo price, figured why not?

I also believe Jeremy(Jester) hasn't bent a shaft on the cens yet. And he bashes alot harder than I do. If you don't believe me, check out his damage thread compared to mine.

I am a fan of the CEN shocks also. I have started running those after Jeremy said that they have held up good. So far no bent shafts.....

I run the HPI Threaded shocks on my XL and X they holding up great right now... On the Hellfire I picked up the piggybacks... bent 1 so far but that's because my buddy ran into me :duh:

I am a fan of the CEN shocks also. I have started running those after Jeremy said that they have held up good. So far no bent shafts.....
I've seen Jeremy's damage thread & it is impressive & also that the CEN's have held up to his bashing style. However i heard that _25 won this race using the CEN's & here is a photo of what he won:
algk6h.jpg
:lmao:

I got on great with the CEN's and would of kept them only I changed to the new era fuel tank so 2 CEN shocks would not fit on the rear so had to buy a set of big bores, :eek:(
Only reason I changed to be honest.

Stay away from the Integgy Piggyback Shocks is my advice...

ya I'm still running the stock shocks, 35 wt silicone shock fluid and the purple hpi springs as there the "stiffest" and i love the ride it gives me and have done a few nasty flips and cartwheels and still haven't done any damage to the shocks so the stockers hold up pretty well but if you want something different i agree go with the cen shocks as i did some research on them and they sound really tuff and bolt right on, if I'm not mistaken!!!!!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back