installation problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Want to run?

I just got a new picco .28 engine for my savage 25 truck and i'm having problems installing it. First i took apart the whole truck and the stock engine. I'm trying to take off the stock fly wheel so i can put it on the new engine but i can't tale it off. I tried so hard to unscrew it but it budge. Also whats worse of all the new engine does not even fit on the engine mount. What do i do? Is there a way to take off the stock fly wheel or should i purchase a new one? Also where can i find an engine mount to fit my new engine? :eyecrazy:

I swapped the stock flywheel from my .25 onto my .32 no problem at at did the same with the motor mount If u have that nut off the flywheel it should come off I just take a bigger flat head screwdrive and pry it off(shoud pop right off) U can spend some money and get a little puller tho (I think your motor mount should fit) is it even close????

the engine is too big it wont even sit against the whole to screw in. But i'll try with the srew driver but if that doesn't work then maybe i;ll just get a new one. THanks

I got my flywheel off pretty easy. I sprayed it down with some WD-40 let it sit like 5 mins and it came right off.

i took my .21 engine out and put a .28 in its place with no trouble. i had a ton of trouble getting the old clutch assembly off tho. just had to persevire. sorry i cant really be of any help.

Now that is nice to have. But I also suggest a gear puller (small one from a auto parts store), it makes getting off the flywheel a lot easier.

With a bench vice, open up the jaws until you can get the flywheel to sit on both sides and have the engine hanging free underneath... Then take a hammer and GENTLY tap the crankshaft until it pops off.. obviously you want to have your hand underneath the engine so it doesn't hit the floor. and if you're worried about damaging the crankshaft snout.. just install a screw into it, and if you damage the screw, you can replace that and not damage the crank... Works everytime!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back