Inside the CEN Diff`s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is excellent info!!!!! i have been researching this mod for quit some time now and this is the best info i have found yet!!!!good job!:10::10::10::10::10::10:

Thx

Does anyone know what the part number is for the bearings required for this mod (CEN Diff)?

Thanks

The reason that I ask is because in the beginning of this post, there was mention of a thicker bearing being used. Do you know what that bearing number is?

If you pick up some complete CEN Genesis/GST/Nemesis/Arena diffs Take note:the CEN bearings are metal shielded and will toast quickly. They don't keep out the dirt. A fully sealed bearing is recommended.

Also if you run fluids in your diffs:

Use Arena cross shafts to keep the fluid from moving and killing your diff effect all together. For what ever reason the silicone fluids don't work well with out these in place. For a open diff with no limited slip /Posi traction it is not needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are these Arena cross shfts you speak of Bank? Are they like the stock cross shafts I assume? Part# please or link.
If I could find them I'd link you. I've been hunting this stuff all day. BUT!!!
They are out of a CEN Arena TR diff. This is them... I'll post up as I find them.

oslocrossshafts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you pick up some complete CEN Genesis/GST/Nemesis/Arena diffs Take note:the CEN bearings are metal shielded and will toast quickly. They don't keep out the dirt. A fully sealed bearing is recommended.

Also if you run fluids in your diffs:

Use Arena cross shafts to keep the fluid from moving and killing your diff effect all together. For what ever reason the silicone fluids don't work well with out these in place. For a open diff with no limited slip /Posi traction it is not needed.

How many cen diffs and bearings have you destroyed? I'm curious.

this is a great thread with a lot of excellent info from different member who have a lot of experience in building the cen diffs.
i recently picked up 2 complete diffs off of ebay and plan on trying to mod them for my sav in about a month when i save up for the rest of the parts.
i have a couple questions about moding them & I'm prob not the only one:
1. does anyone have pics of how you shimmed the diffs, where the shims go & any advice to keep in mind while doing it?
2. any pics on drilling out the diffs
3. is using the Arena cross shafts a must while doing this mod? haven't heard them mentioned before this post and not sure how easy it will be to get my hands on a set.
i am very greatful for any info that you can provide. thanks

How many cen diffs and bearings have you destroyed? I'm curious.
I have Never destroyed a cen diff. But I have seen allot of metal shield bearing fail in many different applications that involve dirt. Thees bearings are better suited for indoor environments. Rubber shields are the way to go 100 % sealed and will out last the truck.

As far as the cross shafts go when I posted this the first time I had read it. But now I have run them both ways and will confirm that statement as fact in my application(savage w/LRP + Your old hellfire).

Sorry I did not see this post. I'm not subscribed to any threads/forums on this site. Other than the Admin/Moderation section...

If you are curious of the cost of these diffs and want some built, I have put together 5 pairs now and average about 75$ for parts. I buy them as cen take outs like what SJ posted and buy the new savage cups. Let me know if interested.
I assume the diffs you have assembled are all brand new material. I am definitely interested.

I assume the diffs you have assembled are all brand new material. I am definitely interested.

I hope you realize this thread has not had a post in 10 years??? I seriously doubt you will get an answer, but this is here because the information is still worth having in case someone wishes to source all the needed parts and build their own CEN Diffs for their rig.....

Well considering the original poster has not been on since 2011 I have doubts about you hearing from him, but miracles do happen so hold out for the hope.......

Latest posts

Members online

Back