Innovative RC 4mm TVPs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NitroNick

Hey guys,

I am currently in the process of going through my Savage X 4.6 and rebuilding it, making it stronger, and more durable than it was (and cleaning lol). I haven't bent anything or broken much on the truck since getting it new in '08. However that hasn't stopped me from wanting the best, as I think we all do for our stuff!

That brings me to my point. I have purchased the Alza racing bulkhead kit for it which I am excited to put on, and when I was looking at that I came across the innovative RC TVP kit, its 4mm and comes with screws, skid and engine mount. It seems quality and seems like a good deal too! I have heard pretty good things about innovative but just wanted to bring this topic up again and see what everyone thinks about those TVPs, or if I should just save my money?

Thanks

They are good, I went another route this winter, I thought about what I wanted to do to my truck. Up grade parts or do performance upgrades! Just trying to keep expenses down. The truck is well built and solid, I haven't broke anything really in the 12 years ive had it. So I decided to go the performance route. all my Truck is bone stock except the drivetrain. New 29,9 diffs blocked and shimmed, 3 speed tranny, and upgraded motor, and servo s. If on a budget like a lot of us, Its easy to spend money on these trucks, but I don't want to put money where it isn't really needed! So power and handling is the route I went!

Yeah I definitely agree with you there! I already have Hitec servos and my motor has maybe 3 gallons in it so no need of replacement there yet! I am basically doing what you are doing though, and doing what seems essential only. I know the TVPs arnt "essential" but for what you get its a great price and does lower the engine and make the truck a good amount stiffer, I think I'll go ahead with the purchase!

IRC tvp's are great. I had a set on one of my earlier Savages.. 1 inch extended in the rear and 6mm extended in the front.
Handled great.
Are you going for stock length or extended?
Just be sure to check if they are in stock, some sets have been out of stock for a while now..

Thats great to hear! I am going for stock length yeah, I like wheelies too much and finding bodies that I like for the extended chassis trucks is kinda hard.

It says they have one left right now so I'll pick that one up!

As far as handling was the truck more responsive because of the stiffer plates? Just curious as to your experience.

Thats solid man, I'm thinking of picking up the standard length, I have the XL TVPs, and I was still able to do wheelies with those actually but for me I lost some of the fun of the truck, so I took them off.

Latest posts

Members online

Back