I'm thinking about crossing to the dark side.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MTBikerTim

Brushless Power!!!
I have a brushless losi mini-t and I have so much fun with it. I am now very tempted to sell my savage (always broken no fault of it's own) to buy an LST2 and a brushless kit. I love electrics cause you can drive them any where any time without waking the neighbours. Am I going insane? Am I going to the dark side? Or maybe I am going AWAY FROM THE DARK SIDE?

The LST's are fast I give them that. The other nice thing about electrics is no tuning...... or dam glow plugs.

Yep!... No half tank lean, here!... https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2990

Super_E-MAXX_Duel_HVBrushless_0012.jpg
Super_E-MAXX_Duel_HVBrushless_0004.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
and I thought you guys would be screaming NOOOOO! The plan would be to to buy an LST2, put the engine in my savage and sell that to a mate then buy a brushless kit probably from fine designs. Then sell off the other parts like clutch, clutch bell, fuel tank etc to a mate or on ebay. And doobee that thing must seriously hall ***, Question is can it beat the mighty mini-t?

and I thought you guys would be screaming NOOOOO! The plan would be to to buy an LST2, put the engine in my savage and sell that to a mate then buy a brushless kit probably from fine designs. Then sell off the other parts like clutch, clutch bell, fuel tank etc to a mate or on ebay. And doobee that thing must seriously hall ***, Question is can it beat the mighty mini-t?
Hey MTBikerTim...lol
Yea.... I do believe it can sreiously haul ***.
Can it beat your mini T, No... Probably not... But on the other hand,... This truck in the pic won't flip over into a tumble if I hit a pebble the size of a beebee.
That gives me a little bit of comfort when I sleep.

Doesnt Triumph Have A Song Titled "follow Your Heart" To! Lmao

Hey MTBikerTim...lol
Yea.... I do believe it can sreiously haul ***.
Can it beat your mini T, No... Probably not... But on the other hand,... This truck in the pic won't flip over into a tumble if I hit a pebble the size of a beebee.
That gives me a little bit of comfort when I sleep.

I though I wrote a reply to that before. I probably never hit submit though. I do that a lot. Your e-max probably doesn't flip quite as easy if you give it that little too much throttle too. With a 3 cell the throttle has to be applied ever so gently but it is still fun. But alas on topic instead of a brushless lst2 I have decided to do this http://home.comcast.net/~milemarkers/SavageBrushlessConversion-Movie.htm. It's that bit cheaper not having to buy a new car.

At first I though he was really good at controlling the power but then I realise there is a really low wheely bar there. I am actually probably going to make up the engine mount myself. something more like this guy has done http://www.maximummt.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=34593

DSC00586640x480.jpg

I discovered a work mate has access to the tools required to do it. That and I will probably need to custom make my battery holders anyway.

Wow... This is a well thought out truck. For Savage lovers, it's something to keep in mind.

I personally think the LST is the way to go for an affordable and more accomidataing platform form for the Electric application.

It just has more realistate to work with. What's the going rate on this guy here?

By the way... Nice find on the truck here, TIM

yeah LST is the way to go for sure but thinking about it if I got sick of the savage there isn't really any problem moving the electrics from a savage to a lst and changing the savage back to nitro.

But that is a really well though out truck. I have found for converting a savage to brushless the place to go for info is http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/. They really seem to know their stuff when it comes to brushless.

And that truck would be really nice as a racer. The COG would be real low with the batteries mounted where they are.

Yea.. it's definately a sweet truck, Tim. Can you afford it?
Or should I say , how much is the cost of that thing without the body?

It is definitely going to take some time to get all the parts (I am not that rich). I am aiming to have the truck in one piece by Christmas. It's in a bad way at the moment. My drive train was in a real bad way but I have almost fixed that with a rather large order from smf. All I need is a bearing kit. I was thinking the one that Fullforcerc sells. Is it any good? I was thinking that one as I want to get some parts from my mini t there as well. I am also hoping to pick up some savage X diff cases and gearbox case. So I am replacing half my truck as well as converting it to brushless which is why it will probably take until Christmas but hopefully sooner. I was thinking though that I might be able to build a second savage along the way with the old worn out parts and some second hand ones as well then I would have a nitro to run when it doesn't matter about the noise.

Ideally something like this would be great:
Wanderer 9xl Brushless Motor $80.00
RC-Monster Brushless Heatsink/clamp $24.99 + $9.00
Quark Monster Pro 125B Brushless Sensorless Speed Controller $275.00
Maxamps 8000 mah 3s LiPo pack $209.99 + Deans $2.50
MaxAmps Lipoly 8000mah 2S2P 7.4V Pack $139.99 + Deans Ultra Female $2.50
Sub Total: $743.97

But I may go smaller batts or NiMH and cheaper esc just to bring the price down a little lol. I can also get some of those parts cheaper then that but that setup would be kick ***.

Can anyone tell me if there is enough space to mount a 145-150mm battery in between the gearbox and the shock tower with the low cg flm chassis? It looks like a really good place to put a battery but I don't think it will fit. Can anyone prove me wrong?

Edit: I have proved myself wrong. It's about 20mm short. there isn't a chassis which is extended at the front is there?

Ideally something like this would be great:
Wanderer 9xl Brushless Motor $80.00
RC-Monster Brushless Heatsink/clamp $24.99 + $9.00
Quark Monster Pro 125B Brushless Sensorless Speed Controller $275.00
Maxamps 8000 mah 3s LiPo pack $209.99 + Deans $2.50
MaxAmps Lipoly 8000mah 2S2P 7.4V Pack $139.99 + Deans Ultra Female $2.50
Sub Total: $743.97

But I may go smaller batts or NiMH and cheaper esc just to bring the price down a little lol. I can also get some of those parts cheaper then that but that setup would be kick ***.
Don't forget the cost of a LiPo charger. That's for someone that doesn't already have one.

Yeah thankfully I already have one. It will take a while to charge the batteries cause it doesn't do 8 amps but it will do. I sold my old charger a while back and bought a better one when I bought the LiPo for my mini t. Have a look at the prices of these batteries.

Latest posts

Members online

Back