I'm testing Savage bumper brace anti-roll prototype

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freezebyte

Something that may catch your guy's eyes. A gentlemen at the Savage-central.com forums has been having the same issue that alot of us Savage owners have been dealing with, the stupid bumper braces sometimes rotates and will allow the hinge pins for the arms to fall out on our Savages. The quick and easy fix was to wrap some zip ties and call it good. But this guy wanted to take it to the next step with something "nicer" looking as well as functional and he needed some prototypes field tested free of charge, so I figured what the hell and signed myself up! Welp, I just found a nice surprise in my mailbox today! Thanks again Team-TCS for giving me the chance to test these! I've never beta tested hardware before, so this will be fun! I"ll post my impressions once I get back from vacation next week and can bash with them.

http://www.savage-central.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=82237

betatesting.jpg

Getting them on is easy enough....

betatesting2.jpg

Not sure if this is a design flaw or not, but the hinge pins won't fit through the cut openings, so it wont sit completely flush

betatesting3.jpg

Well, it looks better then zip ties at least!

betatesting4.jpg

BEFORE:

ziptiefix.jpg

1 zip tie works fine for me but thanks for the share! looks like the slots are just to clear the things on the supports. What is his hoopla about not using first class mail ?

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm interesting product. you will have to let us know how they work out for u!!!

i got a set of these to, they look good but seem flimsy, like freeze said they were prototypes. these wont be produced, if team-tcs does decided to hes thinking a different material like derlin or alum, i voted for derlin to keep them flexible and be able to take abuse the alum on a bumper mount would bend over time and eventually crack.
he sent me 6 aswel, I'm going to glue 2 together and see how they go.
oh btw this doesn't go to freeze just to others, the blue is just a protecting tape on the plastic, they are really clear so you can paint them or whatever.

i got some other parts from team-tcs that will be unveiled in the next up in coming weeks....

Latest posts

Members online

Back