I'm picking this up next week!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doyley

My first venture into the world of Savage and a couple of pictures and questions...

What does the 4.6X bit mean? I'm guessing there's various models of Savage? If so, where does this rank among them?

Does this look standard? There seems to be a hell of a lot of spares, do these all come with it normally?

Anything jump out at you from the pictures that says.... 'Don't buy this. Doyley!!!' (I'm gonna buy it anyway, but I value the input:duh: :resp:

Thanks for your help dudes!

looks like a nice truck doyley the only thing that stands out that i don't like is the ribbed exhaust pipe. test drive it if you can. the x 4.6is the newest version of the savage that is preassembled by hpi

Three speed = good. Sorry, I don't understand £.
That equals pounds if I am not mistaken, and from the last time I was in England it was about $1.80 per pound so that's about $270 which is a great deal. It also comes with more spare parts than a stocker as well. I see the ribbed pipe (already mentioned), center skid plate, and battery indicator installed.

Last edited by a moderator:
yep....looks like a good savage bro... i see a lot of extra plastics like a-arms & stuff that can & will break so you have some pretty good replacement parts there...:evilrocker:

Thanks lads. (Assuming none of you are female:duh: )

And to think, I nearly spent £150 on one of those Pro Condor thingys... :stickspank: :nono:

doyley i had one of those condor pros the only thing it was, was fast but if you hit a stone when moving at wide open they flew apart . so i bought a savage and havnt looked back . i now own 2 of them lol . i love my savages .

looks like a nice savage to me!!! and i have experience with the ribbed pipe and all i can say about it is its loud and isnt a "tuned" pipe so offers no power gain a way better exhaust is the hpi polished aluminum, believe it or not its gives you alot of bang for your buck!!! and is only $20.00 bucks on ebay so anyway welcome to the forum if i haven't already said it!!!

P.S... the extra parts are definately a bonus and it looks like the trucks been taking care of so i think your set for the most fun you've had in a long time believe me!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
What does the 4.6X bit mean? I'm guessing there's various models of Savage? If so, where does this rank among them?

Not sure if you got this answered completely or even if you want it now. Looks like you got a great deal on the Savage.

The numbers you see on the Savages are the engine size. Originally they were marketed by CI (cubic inches), now they are done as CC (cubic centimeters)

So the original ones were a .21, then .25. They changed with the X to CC.

The Savages have come with these sizes to date.
.21 ci = 3.5cc
.25 ci = 4.1cc
.28 ci = 4.6cc
.36 ci = 5.9cc

Cheers Dude!

I pick it up on Thursday. Going to get the mechanic at work to cast his eye over it before I spin it up. (He's an RC nutter, although he's more into his planes) Then it's off to the local sand pit to see what I can break...:lmao: :coolkid01:

OMG!!!

This thing should come with a free box of mansize tissues!!!

Picked the truck up yesterday, mechanic bloke looked over it today and said 'Nice one!', started it up, warmed it up, had a play, started to drool, had to go and sit down.:resp:

Seriously, it's the dogs danglies.

Thanks for the help dudes. [Goes off to stroke his new toy...]

Latest posts

Members online

Back