idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4

when your truck is in the air are the wheels ment to move or not?and when i start my savy it starts then cuts out,why is this i think ts eather gettin too much fuel or too little fuel?
thanks 4x4

Is it a new glow plug does it stall when u take the ignotor off the plug sounds like it could be a bad plug also mabey 2 lean

it seems to run now i might richen it up a bit to stay on the safe side.but i think it had a lot of fuel/oil in the crankcase as when you pinch the fuel line it would carry on runing for about 10-20 seconds.does this sound right
thanks for the advise
4x4

10-20 seconds sounds a bit long to me, I think it should be around 3-5 seconds, or that is where mine usually are. It all depends on where you pinch the fuel line too, how close to the carb.?

a little movement is normal, as soon as ther's any load on the sav, on the ground for example-it should not move. also when it starts and cuts out, is this on a cold engine, or does it not make a difference if it's cold or warm??

it makes no differance if its cold or warm and i thougt it was a bit long too 10-20 seconds I'm pinchin it about 4 or 5 cm from the carb.
thanks 4x4

i would try to see if the engine has a leak, empty fuel, remove air filter. remove fuel flow line, put your finger over the carb and the exhaust and blow down the tube, see if you have an air leak as that will lean it out a little. might be worth a different plug??

it seems to run now i might richen it up a bit to stay on the safe side.but i think it had a lot of fuel/oil in the crankcase as when you pinch the fuel line it would carry on runing for about 10-20 seconds.does this sound right
thanks for the advise
4x4

Yea your running rich on the bottom end ... when u pinch the line (at the inlet ) it should rev up just a little then die if your running rich it will keep running for awhile if your too lean then it will die right away...hope this helps

thanks ive got it going well now
thanks again 4x4

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back