Idle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hero

is it normal when u let ur car idle for more than 30 sec and it will die ? some ppl said its normal.

iv never had that prblem but my idles up a little high. my bro has an mt2 with a normal tickover rate and u cal leave that to idle all day.

i cant idle more than 30 sec. but everything seems fine. temp at 250F. just idling I'm having trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:
mine won't idle indefinately...if i go off the track, and someone has to put my back on it, I have to feather the throttle a bit, to keep it from stalling...

30 seconds sounds about right for mine...can't say whether that's normal or not...LOL 'Cuz I'm not ;)

There is no contest for the longest idleing engine (mine won't idel for that long mabey 30 seconds (I also have to bump the throttle to help clear it out (loading up) is what they call it .....If it idles for a long time you might be to lean on the lsn (hero what do u meen your having trouble at an idle??) and william what do u meen it idles high u might be running lean to what does it sound like when your at wot and then let off the throttle does it rev hight before it slows down ?????

There is no contest for the longest idleing engine (mine won't idel for that long mabey 30 seconds (I also have to bump the throttle to help clear it out (loading up) is what they call it .....If it idles for a long time you might be to lean on the lsn (hero what do u meen your having trouble at an idle??) and william what do u meen it idles high u might be running lean to what does it sound like when your at wot and then let off the throttle does it rev hight before it slows down ?????

my car runs really great and does wheelies on .25 engine and temp 250F. the only problem with u left the car idle for 30 secs the car will die. to keep the engine running have to clear out slowly whenever i left it idling.

a nitro engine that is properly tuned for maximum power will not idle for more than 30 seconds. My savage k4.6 would load up within 10 and needs near enough constant bliping of the throttle to keep it going. On the other hand i have a mt2 basher with a OS .18 Max that would sit and idle all day, but wouldn't reach 200F no matter how long you left it.

your best bet is to tune it for temps, if it is running 250-275f constantly and needs blipping to stop the loading up - learn to live with it, its not a big deal.

your best bet is to tune it for temps, if it is running 250-275f constantly and needs blipping to stop the loading up - learn to live with it, its not a big deal.
__________________ I don't aggree with this So what if its cold out ?????? are u going to lean your engine out to bring thoes temps up (go ahead and see how long that mill lasts......) u need to richen your mill up when its cold out If your engine has allot of blue smoke then your probably ok

__________________ I don't aggree with this So what if its cold out ?????? are u going to lean your engine out to bring thoes temps up (go ahead and see how long that mill lasts......) u need to richen your mill up when its cold out If your engine has allot of blue smoke then your probably ok

well i got my truck tuned when it was -5 to -10 aslong u have the body clip on to keep the engine warm. then when it warm outside i just have to dial the needle lil bit but not much.

i never said anything about outside tempature.

If its cold and you need to raise temps, simply wrap the cooling head in tin foil or put a sock over it.:eyesOpenStupid: :hammerpoke:

lol, sounds like I'm the one with the problem then!!!! my idles high, and it keeps it ticking over. guess my high idle is just the same as u guys feathering the throttle. my engine runs fine thro the rev range.

i never said anything about outside tempature.

If its cold and you need to raise temps, simply wrap the cooling head in tin foil or put a sock over it.:eyesOpenStupid: :hammerpoke:

I know u didn't but if its still cold out that engine needs to run richer....They way u said about tunning for temps could confuse the newbies....don't want he newbies confused thats all iam saying :motorcycle:

Latest posts

Members online

Back