idle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groovethumper

Nitro, anyone?
Hi I have a two week old O.S.30VG. It won't keep a normal idle speed, no matter what I try. I just changed all the fuel tubing. It seems a little tighter than what I was previously using. Help!

I would also like to know my spur gear is wobbly from side to side. the teeth are still good, what gives. Thanks.

most pastic spurs will wobble a little bit,

most likely have a air leake if its has a wondering idle

Would it be from the coupler for the manifold to the pipe? I cant think of anything else since all the fuel lines are new. Peace.

First of all, can you give a more discriptive explaination on the symptoms. What is does the idol do?, have you completed break-in?, did everything work fine, before?, How many tanks ya run through it?, ect.

It Starts to idle normally then speeds up,it settles down only after full braking.
8th tank, it was working perfectly, until I broke my center rear dogbone, since replaced. Thanks for all the help guys. Peace.

sounds like your idol is abit lean,... Richen the lsn 1/8 to 1/4 turn. listen for a sweet spot in the idol smothness. re-adjust idol screw if needed. Get back with your progress.

oh first sentence, after applying full brake, the idle starts to wind up again.

adjust the throttle linkage cup(the one that connects to the throttle slid... sounds like you need to screw the cup out..toward the slide more ...

watch what the throttle slide does when you open it and close it w/ the radio. I bet when you apply brake and then let off the throttle opens up a little bit.. that's where adjusting comes into play...

most likely have a air leake if its has a wondering idle

Have you tore the motor down and seal the whole motor? I know that it has been said before but i will say it again. Before you even start break in you need to take the motor apart and clean out the inside make sure that their are no shavings or other objects in the case. Then as you put it back togeather make sure to seal it. Just because it is new dose not mean that their are not airleaks. I'm sure that everyone will agree its better to do this now then trash a new mill do to an air leak causing it to run lean and hot. just my two cents take it for what its worth

SJ, has a good point. While running with the TX and RX both on, put pressure on the throttle linkage towards the fully closed position. If idol drops while holding, and rises when you release, then you could stand to lengthen the throttle end cup 1 or 2 revs. to get full seat position. Make sure your TX throttle trim has been set a zero if you need to do this adjustment. It will help getting everything centered in your throttle end points. If richening the carb helped, the linkage adjust is probably not needed. If the carb adjust didn't help, the linkage adjust is the next plan to pursue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys I didn't think about that. Only problem is I was in the forest today trying to get it to run properly, and I think a low branch ripped my pullstart handle off. How weird is that. I'm hoping one of the local hobby shops has one in stock. I'll definitely try that next week-end. thanks once again. I'm hoping this string of bad luck ends. I just want to run. Peace.

I don't know how to pm. Yeah, a handle would probably work. It'll be my first pull start I rebuild. Should I use fuel tubing to make a spacer for it? I noticed the shrink tubing was already ripping. I also called for a new pullstart today just to price it. 65 $ CDN. JeeeesSSSuuuSSSS. I'm starting to get annoyed with it. I've dumped close to 2000CDN. into my beast, altogether. Anyhow, I' still crazy about my Savage. Once again I want to give thanks to all the fine people on HPISF, who keep helping this 37 year old kid. Peace.

to pm me click this

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=837

I will give you a complete pullstart that needs rebuilt, the handle and string are good..if you can make 1 out of 2 of them then thats cool..

as far as shipping I would need a few bucks for shipping ONLY because you live out of the us.. can you find out how much it would cost to send a 1lb package to yea ?????

by the way it has a spacer... they only thing wrong w/ it is the spring broke ! and I don't fell like fixing it

Last edited by a moderator:
to pm me click this

https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=837

I will give you a complete pullstart that needs rebuilt, the handle and string are good..if you can make 1 out of 2 of them then thats cool..

as far as shipping I would need a few bucks for shipping ONLY because you live out of the us.. can you find out how much it would cost to send a 1lb package to yea ?????

by the way it has a spacer... they only thing wrong w/ it is the spring broke ! and I don't fell like fixing it

Every things cool with the handle, got one. Here's a question. What would be the best way to remove the black anodized color on the chassis? I would like my X plates to be aluminum color. peace

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back