Identifying my older Savage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff

Hi all,
I'm trying to identify the model of this Savage. I also need to know what kind of batteries it takes, it doesn't seem to want to hold a charge. I'm not using that red charger on it, that was for the starter battery. I'm charging it with an 8.5v wall wart style 350mA charger.

Thanks!

tozorfX.jpg

hqMWC4y.jpg

ajiNc91.jpg

that is a savage 25.

the stock batteries are 'aa' batteries. so I would have to see a pic of the battery pack to see what charger you would have to use. but its most likely a 6.0v NiMH battery. so you actually probably could use the dynamite charger.

Thanks for that :)

I intended to pull the batteries out, but the cover didn't want to clear the aluminum cage. Admittedly, I didn't spend much time trying, I figured I'd give the batteries one more try.

Thanks!

kind of looks like an SS to me with the HPI Savvy roll cage.. could be wrong .....been known to happen. Also, if those are AA batteries in that radio box ya best hope they are rechargeable if you re hookin em up to a charger. Although, could be since they are not taking a charge....then I would tend to think they are not....or there are no batteries in the battery holder.

If its a 6 volt hump pack as rcnut suggests then it is not stock.

I pulled the batteries out, they're a cheap China set of rechargeables. It is a 6v set, 3 on the bottom, two on the top. I'll either stop by the hobby shop in the morning, or modify a battery pack to hold some AA's tomorrow. It's late in the season, too late to justify spending a pile on fancy rechargeable batteries. I took the Modified Rustler with the 3.3 on it out today to burn off some excess tire. It was great fun, as always. It eats axles and wheel adapters quickly. *big grin*

Yes sir...3.3 on a rusty is a lot of power on that small platform. Search the forums for my Identity Crisis build and see what my daughter and I did with a nitro rusty.

Too late in the season? There is a season? I must be farther gone than previously thought.

I pulled the batteries out, they're a cheap China set of rechargeables. It is a 6v set, 3 on the bottom, two on the top. I'll either stop by the hobby shop in the morning, or modify a battery pack to hold some AA's tomorrow. It's late in the season, too late to justify spending a pile on fancy rechargeable batteries. I took the Modified Rustler with the 3.3 on it out today to burn off some excess tire. It was great fun, as always. It eats axles and wheel adapters quickly. *big grin*

I got a 5 cell rechargeable pack on ebay for less than 20 bux and it came with a charger to boot.....

The "Season" is when there's less than four feet of snow. My Jeep even has issues with that.

The "Season" is when there's less than four feet of snow. My Jeep even has issues with that.
But that's when we slap the skis on the RCs!

I feel your pain though, winter is over half the year in these parts.

And that is a savage 25. The black springs are the give away. Fixxer, SS had purple springs.

Skis, chains, obnoxiously aggressive tires....snow tracks, plows.....whatever it takes.

Ah yes, the color. Forgot about that.

Latest posts

Members online

Back