i want big wheels

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am after some big wheels were can i get some large wheels i want them to be about 7 inches high and around 3 to 4 inches wide any ideas

the book

They are cool , but just remember bigger & heavier takes a toll on the drivetrain & suspension.
SL

ya i bought a set of big tires threw them on and said no way.. i didnt like the big tire look at all.. but alot do like them for bashing but i would have to agree it must be harder on the drivetrain and another thing to keep in mind when switching to the huge tires a gear change is usually in order as well to compensate for the extra rotational mass from the huge tires!!!

I'm still there ! :hardlaugh:....

Picture208.jpg
[/IMG]

I'll have to 2nd or 3rd the Goliaths. I've been running them about a year and think they are great basher tires. I geared down a little for them and installed some CEN diffs, but they did just fine before doing either of those things.

That's a really pretty shelf queen you got there Hop. :lmao:

Yea I gota admit, it spends alot of it's time on the workbench undergoing mods. Then when I come to run it I always end up going to the track and taking the Revo instead.....come to think of it I haven't run that for a while either. The weather is too ****ty at the mo, and I have alot going on with my house at the moment.
There's my list of excusses, and I'm sticking to em ! :hardlaugh:

yeah when i first got my savy i wanted hugemungous wheels. but they are pretty unpractical...unless you just want them for looks. right now i got some proline 40 series bow ties coming...you cant get a thinner side wall. i'm tired of the side walls getting all distorted when cornering.

Last edited by a moderator:
big joes are really wide...quite a bit wider than the wheels...so those too will flex quite a bit when cornering

actually they look pretty cool!! makes it look alot like the real monster trucks

i don't know were they came from as i got them off ebay i am really happy with the way they look on the savage as i trying to make my savage look as much as a monster truck as possible

not sure if you read my earlier post but if you were going for the real monster truck look you succeeded!! with those tires it does look alot like the real monster trucks!

Big Tires

Heres what the Dr Order I got them from RC4WD and they fit awesome on our wheels BTW. www.rc4wdstore.com They have what you need in different compounds!! (Sneak Peek at our Project Revo Crawler E-CON SHHH don't tell anyone)

I'm also runnin the same rim/tire combo as HopIt. Those are from the Cen GST 7.7. They are awesome set to use. I've hit a drainage block at full tilt and the only thing that happened was a little bit of chrome flaked off. They didn't break, bend, rip, or nothing. Even though they are a bigger rim/tire combo, they don't weigh that much, lighter than proline 40 series rim/tire combos. Here's a couple links for the Cen rim/tire combos

These are the ones that I have
http://cgi.ebay.com/CEN-Genesis-Nem...44029QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

I'll look for more later.

Latest posts

Members online

Back