I think my rx is dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ravaging_savage

Well during my rebuild process my radio stopped working. after searching for the reason i found that the antenne broke off. so I resoldered it. its not the first time that it has fell off I already soldered it before and it looked like the previous owner did as well. I used a thicker wire (don't know if it makes a difference). I still have nothing. MY question is if there is a sure fire way to make sure that only the rx is bad. don't get me wrong I really want a fasst 3pm but my wife wont like it so much. so if i can just replace the rx it would make my life less stressful.
Thanx

If you just want a cheap fix go to ebay and pick up a stock HPI receiver, I have bought about 5 receivers for myself and friends and gotten the rx/tx brand new for less than $20.

I think it is a special wire you have to use also, not sure though since I have never done it

if you need a stock set, i have one for sale. send me a pm if your interested.

as far as the resoldering goes, if you didnt suck the old solder off, it may of crossed another path and fried the rx. try a friends receiver or check and see if your lhs will let you try one they have laying around.

wow thats some quick replies. thanx for you help but I have a futaba 3pm fm 75mhz nobody around here has one

Members online

Back