I think God snowmobiles - WITH ME!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MotoPsycho

As many of you know, winter often takes me away from my family here at HPISF. I have another passion in the cold of winter; snomobiling. This past week, I got a "wakeup call" of sorts - I thought I'd share

Great spring snow, and a visit to GoogleEarth brought a new boondocking location.
While en-route to a new "virgin" acreage, we experienced terrain GoogleEarth fails to display.... Apparently, the "big Feller" above was ridin with us - I got stopped just in time.​

100_4785sm.jpg

100_4789_2sm.jpg

Here, Frado enters the "don't go this way again" waypoint in the GPS
100_4794sm.jpg

Wow bud. That was close. I am a avid sledder as well. I live here in the Prairies of SD but don't ride here much. We do alot of travelin out to your area moto. We ride alot in the Snowies and the Northern Big horns along with the continatal devide and Titons every once in a while. I'm glad you didn't go over. I watched a fell a do that last winter in the snowies he didn't even see it coming.

For those of you that arnt snowmobilers sometimes it is hard to see drop offs like this becuase its so bright and hard to tell depths or curature of the land sometimes.

Moto your a lucky dog be carefull, We don't have 9 lives like a Cat.

By the way How to you like that Phaser?

I run a Summet Everest 800R 154" and love it, but think its sold because I don't think i'll have time to ride it next year with getting married, moving, and buying a new house. But I will buy a new one again.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way How to you like that Phaser?

AAAIIIEEEEHHHHHHHH!!!!!! That's NO PHAZER!

It's a Nytro my friend! (He he NYTRO - go figure eh?) 1050cc

I really love the 4 stroke powerband, it starts at idle and ends at redline (9350 RPM)!

If you ever head this way to sled, let me know I'm only about 90 minutes from Bear lodge.

O God sorry Moto, I was compleatly unaware that Yahama put the 1000CC $-stroke motor in a Phaser looking think this year. Sorry. I guess I should keep up on my Yamaha stuff.

I will deffanetly belooking you up in the future as I'm sure you can show us some new spots. Ill send you a PM next time I'm comming out and we will have to atleast get a day of riding togather.

Wow!You definatley had a co pilot.When I got my first car , my Dad gave me a St. Christophers Medal ,and told me He gets out at 60 mph.LOL Glad to know someones looking out for you!!

I had freinds that used to snowmobile, it does look like blast.

Long time ago there were some kids on quad,s, they were riding at night where a new highway was being built, from one night to the next the bulldozers moved enough earth on one of there trials that it made a huge dropoff (I don't now how far down) but one of the kids went right off of it. The big guy wasnt riding with him that night. It killed him.

I can imagine how hard that can be to see, those machines aren't exactly slow. be careful

bah, i woulda tried clearin it! lol i go wheelin quite often and most of the time we are all plenty :drunk: I actually had a pretty serious accident when i was in middle school on my little blaster in 2001. There were about 20-30 of us on a big ride on the new road bed. the avenue of the saints was coming through and they had a clay road bed laid out about 20 miles long. me and a friend on his 300ex took off ahead of the pack racin and a 30 foot deep trench was dug out through the middle of the road for a culvert to be laid in. he got stopped in time and i unfortanelty did not. i remember going over thinking o sh*t and the next thing i woke up on the ground I couldnt breathe. minor intestinal bleeding couple chin stitches broken thumb, and a broken wheeler lol. just the very next weekend the culvert was half done and rebar was sticking strait up about 6 feet all over the place, lucky we went riding when we did! looks like you could have had something similar on your hands there if u didnt decide to stop when you did

I have a question, what is the range on one of those with a full tank of fuel and about how much can you carry with you in extra tanks?

We used to take Sea doo's out and explore the islands in the key's, sometimes camp out on one, the big problem was fuel, we could do about 75 miles on a full tank and couldn't really carry any extra.

I have a question, what is the range on one of those with a full tank of fuel and about how much can you carry with you in extra tanks?

We used to take Sea doo's out and explore the islands in the key's, sometimes camp out on one, the big problem was fuel, we could do about 75 miles on a full tank and couldn't really carry any extra.

Depending on snow conditions, a tank (7.5 gal) will go between 60 - 90 miles. I can carry 5 gallons x-tra in Jerry cans. Generally speaking, 90 - 110 miles in a day, boondocking as we do, (riding back-country, no trails) is a helluva ride!

By the way How to you like that Phaser?!!!

Your responce was great

If Moto wouldn't do it, I wouldn't! One of the craziest SOBs I know and respect! You'll have to learn me one day Moto, we ain't got that white stuff round here. Looks like a hell of a good time though!

Members online

No members online now.
Back