I need some recommendations little help please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a used savage xl.the steering sucks does not turn very much at all i think i need new steering servo.
Also i think my rim are done alot of wable i got a new set of 17 mm rims and tires but won't fit my 14 mm hubs. Also my want to by new servo battery what do you guys recommend for all three idems.

Hpi part 86804 will get you 17mm hubs. Also Z660 wheel nuts. Duratrax and Venom make good receiver batteries. Or cruise eBay for one out of a T-Maxx as they're the same thing. Servos is one of those things... some people like certain things. I like Savox servos. The SW1211-SG is waterproof, over 200 oz torque and 0.10 transit time. It is kind of spendy though.

Thanks for the reply i can just buy the 17mm hubs and replace the 14mm that i have or do i need a conversation kit?

Those part numbers I gave you are the cheapest route. You could do a conversion with actual hubs, but it's more in depth. The things I gave you, your 14MM hexes pop off and the 17 pop on.

If i get the servo mentioned above will i need a glitch buster?

My MMT uses 3 high torque servos and has no problem with brownouting, using a 1600 mah 5 cell pack I get away with one battery all day

My MMT uses 3 high torque servos and has no problem with brownouting, using a 1600 mah 5 cell pack I get away with one battery all day
What brand/model of servo?

I have a cheaper savox SW-0231MG on my revo and it causes my throttle servo to twitch pretty bad which is a hitec 985MG (high torque/speed analog coreless). I put a glitch buster on it and now the twitch is almost unnoticeable. I'm running a 1600mah receiver pack as well.

I am using 3 of the MG995 servos I got off E Bay and have no problems with them at all....

I had one of those on my jato, it was fine even with a 1100mah stock pack, until I got it wet. Something about that savox servo that is either just noisy or power hungry.

My Savox is both. But my Brother runs the 0231 for T/B and the 1210 for steering in his T-Maxx with a Duratrax Hump pack and has no ill effects. It is a tad noisy tho.

You are right though, they aren't quiet servos. Then again, $40 for a 200oz metal geared, waterproof servo... I can handle a little noise.

Latest posts

Members online

Back