I need some help!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

I currently have a savage 25. I got it running for the first time in quite a while. The mixture needles are set to factory specs, but it seems that when it idles it wants to take off on its own and when I hit the brakes it stops but when I give it throttle it bogs down and stalls. This happens every time. I'm kind of new to nitro and am not very good with tuning. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

maybe this might help also. yes mix maybe off, causing bogging, but at idle , it wants to take off, sounds like broken or week clutch springs, inspect them

Yes I got it running with a few turns of the hsn it ran nice, until I think I fried the clutch lol.

maybe this might help also. yes mix maybe off, causing bogging, but at idle , it wants to take off, sounds like broken or week clutch springs, inspect them
I got it to run pretty nice, but now I think I fried the clutch.

Yes I got it running with a few turns of the hsn it ran nice, until I think I fried the clutch lol.

Sorry to hear that you might have fried the clutch. But then again, now you can "wrench" on it and install a beefier clutch. Ahhhhhhh, the joys of an expensive hobby... :) Dave

Sorry to hear that you might have fried the clutch. But then again, now you can "wrench" on it and install a beefier clutch. Ahhhhhhh, the joys of an expensive hobby... :) Dave
Thanks Dave, yeah I have another savage I'm using for spare parts so I'm gonna start disecting that one first lol.

So after taking out the engine I noticed that the large spur gear spun and the nut and spring came loose. So i believe that was the whole issue after all lol

that's cheap. I had to replace my nut and spring last sum er because the nut kept loosening, the nut wore out, you might check it to see if that is wore out, specially if its older. good insurance from ruining slipper pads

The slipper locknut gets alot of heat from the slipper doing its job. having a replacement spring and nut is good insurance.... also tighten the slipper down all the way , it will still slip under heavy loads allowing it to work as intended.....

Latest posts

Members online

Back