I need some heavy duty dogbones/driveshafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fx

My truck has been out of commission for a while because I have been upgrading /fixing my truck. It has been through the 2 motors one being a picco .28. So I inspected my dogbones and found that most are twisted, at least to some degree. So once again I have another question. What are some very good heavy duty dogbones? I have looked at the new era ones and they seem to be tough. Any others? Feel free to list any dogbones and tell me about your experiences with them and/or stories you've heard. Thanks all.

i never had any problems with the hpi heavy duty ones, worked well for me and never twisted

Cool, for the record I'll be running an STS .28 if it makes any difference, probally doesn't. I just need tough dog bones.

iv seen the thicker dog bones before but they shrink down to the normal size at the head. surely this means at the point on each end where it shrinks down, its just as weak as a standard dog bone?

probably weaker as a step down in shaft diameter causes a stress raiser.
any load will be multiplied at that point, so wil fail easier

Twisted a couple in 2 tanks with the axial .28 already lol. HPI heavy duty are ok with a K 4.6, but when you get much past that, they will twist up pretty good.

May just go on eBay and purchase some more stock DB's for cheap. I may start ruining diffs if i go with tough DB's. When one snaps I'll just pop a new one in. I'll hold off on them for now or at least until I get some aluminum bulk heads.

Latest posts

Members online

Back