I made a velocity stack for my truck today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chronic

I know K&N's are a bit of a no no, but I was experimenting.

I found an old kn breather filter from my nissan, cleaned and oiled it. Then today at lunch I quickly turned an adapter for the filter. Put it on, and it works good! I did notice a significant difference compared to my stock filter. But then maybe the stock filter is in bad shape. I cleaned it just a couple days ago.

Anyway, with that aside I am planning on getting a motor saver filter. I just figured cause my engines already been through a bit of hell as it is, A new motor is on the horizon for me. So I might as well be crafty
Picture019-1.jpg

sorry for the crap photos, my cameras about as good as a disposable in dirty water.
Picture021-1.jpg

Picture022-4.jpg

hehehe...I don't know, I think its cool. And gives me another point up on my dilusional friend who keeps making fun of me for my rc toy.
You know, he's got a 1986 toyota corrolla, carbureted "drift project" car. And I have an rc truck with a stack that could beat his car
buttslay.gif

1-up ;)

Anyway, my little friday project.

Looks good what iswrong with K&N filters i think if u can find a filter sock to fit it whould be ok

Good tips, I have an old prefilter from one air filter i used on my car...but yeah, thats about the size of the truck. So I'll get a proper sized one.

As for K&N's, I've just read so many reviews of people bashing them. Maybe people are just making presumptions because alot of people use them and have used them for a long time. So, It's probably one of those things you have to do and see for your self.

hey chronic whats with all that fuel line after the fuel filter

Yeah, and I was having troubles with air bubbles. So I gave that a shot to try and keep them away at least.

With how I kept the coil of line above the engine though, you definitely have to disconnect the fuel line after you're finished playing around otherwise your engine gets filled to the rim with fuel lol

I guess you should disconnect it anyway.

Well, I went for a sweet rip today. Before doing so I made my own ghetto throttle linkage mod. Its sweet! lol, really...used a bicycle wheel spoke, made my own stops with aluminum nuts and set screws. I'll take pics tomorrow, looks good and works awesome.

Truck hauls! Infact, I some how ran into my self...I don't know how that happens, I'll just use the "it was going so fast I couldn't avoid it" excuse.
K&N doesn't seem to let any dust through. And I was just mowing through light sand all evening so.......seems dece.

If you want to stop bubbles put a squirt of armor all protectant in the fuel. no more foam. not half tank lean full tank rich. fill the tank full for the first run at the half way point tune then after that only fill to the half way point. no need for all the fuel line if you do that. I like the mod. i wouldn't run a foam pre filter. I would find a filter sock. by adding the pre filter your just cutting the airflow back again and you should just run the normal filter. If you can find the micron level of the foam compare it to the k&n if they match then your good to go. just my opinion.

Latest posts

Members online

Back