I Keep Rolling My X

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R6 DADDY

hi people advice would be good i keep rolling my truck when cornering any help would be good is there any way of widening the track of the truck other than truckzilla do you think this would help prevent roll over what about bigger wheels and tires but then i would have to upgrade servo i suppose
what you guys think ?????????

i lowered my x and it helped alot but their is also a kit that extends the a-amrsi will try to find it for you.

Lower your suspension and get some offset wheels, also truckzilla only make the truck longer not wider.

thats a nice kit bit pricey though but does incude everything to do the job but the alloy might be prone to bending especially as the arms are longer
thanks for your time and help

Why has nobody said this simple little trick!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sway bars. biggest thing to stop body roll.

I know bigger tires rob pwr an all but I've got a set of IMEX Blazers on one of mine and there a 44 series super stable and nice offset too. the truck is now 20' long and 19" wide I cannot roll it at all but Yes It does rob cornering. but alls good I got bumpers>

lcg and 40 series all the way baby!!! run the truck without the spacers in the shox would be my first thing buddy, see how ya go with the truck a bit shorter...or use the fuel line in the shock method to reduce ride height, but retain some spring pre load....

anyone actuALLY USUNG ANTI ROLL/SWAY BARS ON THEIR TRUCK ?? IF SO ARE THEY GOOD OR RUBBISH

they should be good but will not necesqrily stop the truck from tipping.ride height is the worst cause, lowering will help using the methods above, sway bar will jsut try keep the wishbones at an equal angle. best bet is to drive like pros 1:1 and scale racers. fast up to the corner full brakes as late as possible to load the front wheels and turn in then on the throttle.
car will turn sharper get round the corner faster and should not tip if the braking is done in the straight run up to the corner.

let us know if get ARBs and how they handle.

There are also different ways to enter a corner, you can hit the apex at different angles. They are good for different situations.

Like JT said Limet the shocks some and off set rims. Think rpm has some good 14 mm off set rims or move up to 40 series and switch to 23mm Hex's.
I'm running CEN shocks with Maximizer off set rims. hard to roll my truck. But I did have to sacrafice ride higth.

fuel line trick

I lowered my truck alittle w\ the fuel line trick,let my tell u i can do a 360 at brakin with out rollin,but like they say u lose jumpin performance:duel:

like jt and madogron said

tyres 40 series (low profile not those huge things)

take the preload of the shocks (the things at the top)

oil around 35 (ish)

23MM hexes

then it will handle alot better

the ride height is lower the truck is also wider

p.s the rims are off set which make the truck wider

hope this helps as it transformed my sav

look at my sav https://www.hpisavageforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1693&page=2

cant get the full effect though

by the way i would prefer not to have to sacrafice ride height as it is a monster truck after all and i like the grouynd clearance i usually run on quite bumpy terrain so the clearance is a bit of an issue

by the way i would prefer not to have to sacrafice ride height as it is a monster truck after all and i like the grouynd clearance i usually run on quite bumpy terrain so the clearance is a bit of an issue

I would defiantly get sway bars. Btw what weight oil are you using in the shocks? I use 40 weight and it is harder to flip.

i would NOT get sway bars if the ground you run on is bumpy. they only work on smoother surfaces and will make the handling worse on bumpy ground.

try some different set ups on the shocks with different weight springs, oils, spacers etc.

best thing to do is slow down more for corners, then slowly bring the speed up to a point where your at the limit of rolling without rolling. at the end of the day practice is the only way to really improve the drive of your truck

hi dunno on the shock oil its standard i know i should slow bown for the corner but i that used to buggys like i grew up running that its a hard habit to break when i do get a good corner i can get it lifting a rear wheel which looks pretty cool

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back