I just give up with my x4.6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernest95

Hey people I'm new to this thread and RC cars in general.

Okay so where do I start I got given a used but fairly new less then half of fuel container used HPI Savage x4.6 from my uncle as he don't have the time to fiddle around or use it anymore.

So yesterday I decided to get the thing running that and it was a fail since the truck would automatically stall after giving throttle I was messing around with it for 2-3 hours yesterday to no avail..

So after watching several tuning and nitro related videos I managed to get the truck to not stall, i done this by fiddling around with the HSN and LSN but a new issue popped up the damn truck wont stay still it keeps reving at a higher pace and it moves the slightest and soon as i lift it off the ground the engine starts reving louder and the wheels spin out of control..

Okay so i watched more videos and I adjusted the trims on the transmitter to put them all in neutral and left a 1mm opening in the idle needle, still to no avail the truck just wants to go like a angry pitbull, so after 5-6 hours of fiddling around I just give up with this truck. I browsed and it costs around £400 new, it has really stressed me out so I want to sell it for around half of the new price, it will proably work fine for whoever has experience with these nitro vehicles.

If anyone has some feedback to give me ill greatly appreciate it.

sounds like you have it set 2 lean, causing the high revving, I wont start tuning my f.4.6 till after around 10 to 15 tanks, then start tuning with the high speed needle first, then once it is set then tune low speed needle, put needles back to factory then go from there. if it revs after high speed at top end, then hsn is to lean. if it revs at start up, or in low gear then lsn is 2 lean, if you need help, try the hobby shop near you, they should be helpful.

Mine would do a similar thing where it would stall or rev up and spin the wheels. I found the problem to be part of the clutch assembly. If you haven't figured it out yet just keep tinkering, or what I recommend doing - checking your clutch and making sure it's in good condition.

before you center the transmoiier trimms, you need to take the arms off both servos and turn the steering/pull the throttle a few time so the servos center, then center trim knobs then repaet the throttle/steerin process then put arms back on servos and you should be at center.
Factory settings for a F46 would be both needles flush with their respective housings.
easiest way to set the idle, use a 1mm allen wrench or a standard paperclip would get you close

Latest posts

Members online

Back