I have a weird problem! My carb is..loose. But not in the motor, i'll explain

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chronic

I just got a used axial .32 motor for my savage and OH man, its got balls! But at idle the things reving like its getting air bubbles in the fuel.

I couldnt figure it out until I grabbed my hs needle and noticed it was lose. Look a little closer, and the whole center section is lose.
carb.jpg

This is what I mean. It jiggles inside the plastic body.

I know I could probably just seal it and it would be fine. Because like I said, it runs good. Its just leaking in there.

So... I guess I'm just wanting to ask if anybodys had this happen before.

Thats what I was thinking... Otherwise, how did they put that together right. I doubt its glued. So, I'll rip it off and screw around.

I have the same problem w/ my surefire .32 carb ..

Not sure how to fix I might send it to raceredge

Well, my cheap and easy solution was sealing up the parts I circled in that picture with silicone. Worked fine until it fell off, Guess I should have cleaned the carb with brake cleaner first rather then just wiping the grease off.

On a side note, I can't believe the power this axial .32 has. I like it :D Can't wait for summer.

My first post! Hi everyone.

I am having the same problem, the ali part is loose on the plastic part. This is my first RC car and still trying to break it in.

If I leave the car idling for a while - it eventually starts idling extremely fast like I have opened the throttle plenty. If I give it a little blip - the idling comes down again for a couple seconds then goes wild again.

I figured I may have an air leak, so stripped it down and have sealed the rear motor cover. When I got to the sealing the carb part I discovered this. I am not sure what is going on - maybe when the carb gets hot the problem gets worse and lets more air leak betwn the plastic and ali part??

I am searching for someone who has taken the carb apart before without much luck. It looks like that fitting on the end may very well be a press fit rather than threads as I am not having much luck trying to "undo" it! Maybe someone will post up who has done it.

Otherwise I guess I will have to try epoxy glue on that thing to seal it up - just worried about the heat.

don't have a solution on hwo to tighten it but if you wanna ghetto rig it together use jb weld, just clean the surface with brake cleaner or DA first

hi chronic i would glue it back on so it stays still i just took one of my old carbs apart it looks like i cant get the center of it does not unscrew i would glue it as i cant find any other options hope this helps you out i can send some pics to show you if you like

Yeah, jb weld sounds like a good solution until I get another carb.

My supplier replaced mine with a new one!

I could not find a way to open it either, it must be a press fit. Guess it was built as a non repareable part.

Hope the jb weld works for you, the only thing that would worry me about it is the heat - that carb gets pretty hot. Might cause the glue to crack due to the diff expansion rates of ali and plastic?

Nah, not that hot. We use jb weld to hold mesh screens inside v8 race motors inbetween lifters. And I asked my boss, "Jb weld is only good for 500 degrees...?" And he said, if your motor oil is over 500degrees you have more to worry about then mesh screens falling out. Although the heat expansion is something. It wouldn't kill me to have to touch it up once and a while though.

So, it should be good. Like I said, motor runs fine. Its smooth, it just leaks a bit out that carb. Its used too, so I doubt I could benefit from a warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Back