I have a problem with my low end, truck stalls alot!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chronic

Lately my low end has sucked! I don't know what the deal is. After I rebuilt my engine with new bearings, ported my crank and sleeve a bit it was running fine. And I have been tuning it with the weather changes. Engine is sealed, running an hpi ribbed pipe.

But I cannot get rid of this throttle bog. Top end is beautiful! With everything I've done it hauls in the upper rpms. But it doesn't have that "pop a wheelie" response it did when I first got it. It bogs and then picks up. And I have spent soo many hours trying to dial it in and nothing! And for the last couple of days its been stalling when It comes to a stop now. Today it was the worst.

Only way I could rip around tonight was if I didn't stop :slapped:

Its so frustrating. I've read all the tuning articles. I've done the steps over and over tuning hsn first then lsn, used the pinch tuning method, maintaining a safe temperature... But it just runs like *** at low rpms...

Any tips, threads I should search for...

Engines you would suggest I replace my f46 with lol

the price is rite

you can pay double for the same power

you just have to keep the axial from gettn hot and I think it will last awhile

Clutch springs may be worn out allowing the clutches to engage at low rpm. Easy cheap fix if that is it. That was my problem.

So here is an idea. I reversed the position of my clutch pads because I read that it would take a higher rpm to make them engage.

Is it possible this had a completely reversed effect? I'll change them back tomorrow, I didn't really notice any difference anyway, but it was something I tried a couple weeks ago and never changed back.

Gah!!! Holy hell..my ****en clutch shoe mounts I guess you can call them fell out. Only one remains semi solid. The other two poles just....dropped out. I guess...this could probably contribute to my problem.

A hobby store better be open tomorrow!!

edit. Also, there is alot of wear on the inside of my clutch bell...like the side of my shoes ...one, or maybe all three are rubbing the face of the bell. That could probably contribute too hey?

If that is a possibility, just shimming the bell out away from the pads is the idea right?

don't worry guys! I think I have her done for now! JB weld may save me until the stores open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kind of figured it was something to do with the clutch. Got to remember kiss (keep it simple stupid) even when working on rc stuff. Most times it is the simple stuff that goes wrong.

Thanks for the ideas guys. I think alot of my problems were attributed to the clutch springs and flywheel.

So I bought a new wheel, and aluminum pads from teamlosi. Luckily they fit, store had nothing for hpi. And its happy again! Springs on these alum. pads are soo much stiffer. Engine actually gets to wind up a bit before it engages and then it launchs now.

So woo, one problem solved. And now I need to figure out why my reciever stopped..receiving info.

It will be nice durring winter when I put my bike and car away and just have to worry about the rc lol

Once again try the simplist thing. Check the crystal. I had a rx crystal go out. No surprise with how I beat my trucks. If you have a spare set easy to check. If not try a friend or even the LHS. If you have a track nearby you can always find someone with extras. If it is not that check bat levels, which you probably aready did anyway, right? Last is the wires. If those are all good rx may be shot. Did it get wet? Did it get slammed real good? See where I'm going with this.

I understand, process of elimination. I've just never dealt with this crap before so I don't know where to start.

Batteries are brand new. Wires look good but I guess I don't know for sure whats underneath the jacket.

I don't have spare crystals...but that kind of sounds like a good scapegoat. When I put the untenna from my remote near the receiver, sometimes it will work if it hits wires or touchs the plastic case...
And no, it hasn't been doused in water or anything. Driven it in wet grass once a couple weeks ago. But nothing really wet.

Hey guys I'm just wondering if anybody has any ideas. I've done alot of searching and nothing really adds up here...

I tried cleaning the contact on my untenna's mating surface on the control. Tried another set of new batteries, even touched a coat hanger to the solder lead on my receiver to see if I got any lovin.

And nothing worked until I switched my radios crystal to the receiver and vice versa...Now it works, switched them back to normal and it works???

Any ideas? Lose connections for the crystals, a broken crystal that made contact durring the movement, gummed up terminals??.... weird.

Latest posts

Members online

Back