I guess this is a project? I'm REALLY excited... (Project Purple?) :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Savage

Thanks to megabyteme and the amazing www.neweramodels.com I can finally pimp/make my truck indestructible/and never have the stupid problem I used to have again. Here is what I will be getting:

hmt910v2_a.jpg

3 Point Brace

hmt339_a.jpg

Aluminum Turnbuckles

htm322_a.jpg

Aluminum Front Skid Plate

hmt333v3_a.jpg
-or silver
Aluminum Front A-Arms

htm334.jpg
-or silver
Aluminum Rear A-Arms

hmt403p_a.jpg
-or silver
Front Hubs

htm405.jpg
-or silver
Steering Knuckles. What I need the most. I'm SOOOOOO happy I found these.

hmt430p_a.jpg
-or silver
Front Shock Tower

hmt431s_a.jpg
-or silver
Rear Shock Tower (I know the picture is silver)

hb18psh.jpg

****MAYBE**** .18 Hot Bodies Engine

ndc600-18.jpg

****MAYBE**** For That Engine^

acc642p_nem.jpg

Fuel Line Retainers

trm404p.jpg

3 Feet Of Fuel Tube

agt301-new.jpg

Ripple Tuned Pipe (Or should I get no rippled?)

acc637.jpg

Air Filter (I have this now too)

hmt336mt.jpg

I would get it but they don't have the wing for it...

acc620p.jpg

Pimp Antenna

All that for only $260!!! (Not including engine and head) So help me out, if it says "-or silver" what do you think I should get, purple or silver? I was thinking everything purple, but then the exhaust would be silver....Give me your opinions

SILVER is the way to go....You won't see scuffs as easily unlike you will when you start tearing up the purple. Also, I would talk to Nova Rc...He is the only person I would go to for cooling heads.

SILVER cough cough SILVER!!! I like the silver b/c like Chunky said you can't see the scratches that much and i think it looks better

Silver..........Do the .32 conversion. or the .21 conversion. your goal should be to out run a schumacher menace 21 and look good. The menace does almost 80mph out of the box.

For lower a-arms any thing other than silver will scuff up and inevitably turn silver. The cooling head is wicked however. Turnbuckles are worth it more so than Lunsford setup. I know I have both sets. Lunsford titanium ball head screws will snap ( not good ). Chunky Monkey has seen it happen everytime we hit the track no bs. New Eras weight more but never gave any issues. Stick with the plain jame antenna. Your going to dog it out. Look into thicker plastic antenna. The towers are a sweet design however they don't look worth a da@@ for a roto starter, something to think about. Hey if your into the PIMP thing why not slap a set of Proline spinners and while we are at it I'll make you a set of custom curb finders jk - lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol. Thanks for all that. You put like a bad look to it. :) lol. So what do you mean with the shock towers and the roto start? Also I guess the purple is gonna go away since you all said it. And I'm not sure what you mean with the antenna? Glad you like the cooling head. And you said the turnbuckles will break stuff? Cause they are the thing I need most. Mine strip like everyday. Thanks for breaking it down for me that really helped.

I'm saying that Lunsford suck would rather just have stuck with New Eras turnbuckles. The towers look at the center from the pic it appears that it might be difficult to use a roto start just an observation something to or might consider. The antenna is an over kill. Also it have a alum base to it. Any AM might and will glitch if the wire is touching it. If that does happen look out for a run away rc. I remember that antenna explicitly being talked about some time back. Don't get me wrong I like those towers cool design not sure if they are rigid enough. Alum. towers Nova makes one 7075 alloy thick light weight and a nice size center cut out. Price ain't bad.

Oh- glad to hear your ditching the purple. The biggest Cooling head made is made by a Co. called King headz. They are seriously huge.

http://www.fullforcerc.com/savage_Tower.htm

http://www.kingheadz.com/

http://www.novarcproducts.com/savagexshocktowers.html

I use the deans antenna now. It works pretty good and you only need 1/4" sticking out the body.

Thanks ]-[0pa]0ng now I'm not getting the antenna. And thanks for the links but I guess I forgot to say that these parts are for my MT2, sorry I didn't say. (Oh yeah, back to the antenna, now I really need a new one, lol, because my cat chewed it to death...)

My bad - I will keep in mind that you have a MT2 - thanks for reminding me

That will be one nice looking truck...the MT2 is a great little runner...my buddy has one with the Axial .28 in it....don't blink cause you will hit something.The tires baloon up so big they rip the beads off...and the engine looks soooooooo big in that little truck.
I like the idea of staying away for the purple...keep us updated on this litltle prodject.

-Joe

i personally like the purple but it makes sense what everyone says about it turning silver anyway. i been advised to stay away from ally a arms for bashin as they bend and snap best to stick to plastic as they will flex ang give a bit more what ya think

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back