I guess it's shame on me???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motha Trucka

I've been haveing problems getting my Evo running right, Grip spent alot of time helping me. As I was in the process of following his instructions, I noticed the 4 engine mounting screws were loose, not loose enought to mess up the pinion gear adjustments, but loose enough to see the clutch assenbly move when I hit the throttle while looking at the carb slide. Then I notice the carb was loose, there's a small rod with a hex screw that holds the carb tight, the hex screw was pretty loose. After I corrected both of these blunders, stupidity on my part, I filled the car's fuel tank 1/2 full. I fired the car up on the bench, I then set the idle as per Grips instructions, I then gave the car a little juice, and noticed that it was running way rich, I kept on leaning her out while she was running on the bench, it was'nt long before the throttle responce was very good, and she idled real good even when I applyed the break. Now I know there's a difference between running the car on the bench, and running the car on pavement, I figure I'll have to tweek her some when I take her out to run her tomorrow. But it was 92 here today and it was much easier to work on the car by the poolside instead of taking her to the school and sweating my butt off trying to get this car right, when ever I started getting hot I just jumped into the pool, cooled off, and started back to work on the car!! :FarleyParty:
Paul

That is why I love washington weather .. It was 65 here today !!!

Glad you have her running well

You should not tack a truck off the ground. Its not good for them. They easily over rev and pop. Although I have been known to do it too. Good to hear your back in working order. Hope yea get a cool day to run soon for sure :resp: Have fun!

Also, its not a good idea to tune an engine that hasn't gotten to a good running temp yet. I don't tune at all till I'm over 200F. at least. Unless its so slobbering rich it wont get to 200.
Because, as the engine warms up it leans out on its own. So leaning it when its cold will make the engine way too lean when its warmed up.

That is why I love washington weather .. It was 65 here today !!!

Glad you have her running well

you only get that luxury on the "wet-side" bro...the dry side o' WA has been in the 90's for weeks!!

Members online

Back