I can’t believe it works

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motha Trucka

I have an older HPI Savage RTR nitro truck I bought new around 2007, the last time I ran the truck was 6 yrs ago . Earlier this summer I tried to run it but the screws to the roto start loosened up and fell out. Well aside from the after run maintainance I’ve never done anything else to the truck, it always ran good so I figured if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. So I really had no idea how to get to the roto start on the engine except to start taking the back end apart until I got to it. I wound up taking the whole back end apart EVERYTHING except the engine. After I got to the roto start i took it apart as well and greased it and ordered new cap screws, and as long as it was all apart I cleaned and re greased the rear differential , I used an all purpose lithium greased but now I think that might not be the correct grease to use. Anyway I took my time, between that and waiting for screws it took a while. Well today I tried to fire it up and see how she runs but to honest I didn’t think that truck would ever run again as it was the first time I’ve ever worked on an RC truck and I really had no idea what I was doing. But after a few mins the truck started up and it really ran good, I couldn’t believe it, it was in the mid 50’s here and I ran it on grass and the temp stayed between 240-260, its hard to keep her from wheelieing and shes as fast as she ever was. I know for many of you what I did is prob normal maintainance, but for me it was a whole new thing that required a lot of head scratching on my part, but it runs great and I’ve got the old Savage X back again. So now that everything turned out good I’m gonna replace the shocks, and pull the front differential, clean and grease it as well.
Paul

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Back