I broke down and bought me a 5.9

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griff7373

I have been buying parts over the past few months to build a 5.9 with and came across a complete truck the other day on Ebay with an LRP .32 in it. I know the engine may not be in the best of shape but I have a brand new one sitting in the box I was going to use on my build and I will be ditching the stock radio and putting in the receiver for my JR XS3 Pro. I will be doing a complete tear down and checkout upon its arrival Friday once I sneak it past the wife and let it sit in the garage for a day or two LOL. I do have enough parts to replace all the major items like diffs and tranny this will give all the little parts that I would be forever trying to get all of. Looks like now I will be looking for a new body and antenna tube.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-Savage-...S4nUFyn41nm9koA1IEkRg%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Nice score. I hear ya on sneaking it past the wife. Still haven't told her about the crawler I bought a month ago. Then 2 days after I bought that I picked up an HPI nitro RS4 that is sitting in the trunk of the 1966 Cadillac that I keep in a storage unit...Oh, yeah she knows about the Caddy...just doesn't know about the rest of my RC stuff in the trunk. Works it's way into the house gradually. She does question once in awhile why I stop at the storage unit about twice a week if all I have in there is the Cadillac.

Luckily with 5 kids sneaking things past the wife is a little easier then I would expect, I buy an rc item the box shows up and it slips to garage to show itself a few days later and she is none the wiser. She has actually been like this package showed up for you or I get home and the boxes are on the dining room table no questions asked, pretty sure the size of this box may raise a few questions though. ;)

It has arrived everything feels smooth as far as the diffs go the only visible defect is the motor mount looks like it has a small crack luckily I already have a new one. I haven't started the tear down yet will wait until tomorrow for that so I can actually pull the engine and turn it over by hand and inspect the motor mount.

Members online

Back