I am soooo gonna get flamed for this.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xjeepguy

HPISF
Ok this may seem like blasphemy on a savage site, but......
I bought a Warhead.......
I wanted to see what this truck was about, and the price was right, so what the hey, I bought it. So far I am thoroughly impressed, it has alot of adjustability, and is really tough. It really seems that duratrax has come a very long way. This truck handles like my revo, and is actually difficult to flip. I will post pics later, and give a full report complete with vids.

I feel like I am talking about a mustang on a camaro forum, but I just figured you guys would like to hear about a little known truck.

I tip my hat to you for being daring enough to give the Duratrax a try. I would like to hear some more about its performance.

XJeepguy if you get flamed, so will I . I'm the one that convinced you into buying the WarHead, after I told you how much I liked mine. The WarHead is an awesome truck, it has all the features that we have been wanting on a Monster Truck. It has LCG TVP's, alum. buggy shocks,63 shock mount positions, fuel tank mounted inside of tvp's with a header tank, adjustable camber and caster, and ackerman. In the bashing setup it handles like its on rails, it handles like my LST. The .27 Super Tigre has awesome torque and good top end, its really a nice tough truck at a reasonable price. You should check it out and see all the extras it has, and give it a chance. They did alot of R&D on this truck and took their time to make sure everything is top quality. Don't get me wrong I still love Savages and always will, but this is an awesome truck and deserves to be in the Monster Truck class.:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true. This thing has incredible quality. I took it apart to see what it was made of, and was very impressed. The chassis is very thick, the quality of the plastic is very good. So far the only thing I have broken is the antenna tube. It has a header tank, huge gas tank, and the suspension is awesome. It runs 1/8 scale buggy rear shocks, so there is a huge aftermarket in that area.

I don't know what got into duratrax, but they have done a 180, and produced a world class truck here. I have never seen a 1/8 scale MT handle like this.

well my duratrax was my first car ever and it was fine, everything was strong except it went through spur gears....

i bought a warhead just before christmas and love it. so far a couple of problems have cropped up but they are cheap and easy to fix.
take a very good look at your trucks rear drive shaft and make sure the pins aren't getting to worn by the cup.
the stock clutch is poop- i switched mine out for a stock savage clutch using the warheads stock flywheel/clutch nut, works alot better than the 2 shoe.
i haven't broke my bellcrank arm yet but a few people over at rcu have in cold weather--worth taking a look at your own just in case.
change out the pipe!! i put the savage purple tuned pipe on mine and it does let the engine rev a little higher and the power is nice.
i have about a gallon through mine so far and haven't looked back since. this truck rocks!:)

i haven't been up against any 4.6 savages yet. however it does do pretty good against my mach .26 powered savage. the warhead is just a touch faster on the top but the savage has more off the line. this could be only because the warheads engine only has about a gallon---not even close to being fully broke in yet---plus i didn't try it with the stock pipe and clutch.:)

You didn't hear this from me but sick hobbies has a 4.6 swap video and they claim that the tiger is the only weak link on the Warhead.
:chaineddown:

Is the Warheads engine ported and polished? Because I took apart my Savage F4.1 and I wasn't impressed with the quality.:(

You didn't hear this from me but sick hobbies has a 4.6 swap video and they claim that the tiger is the only weak link on the Warhead.
:chaineddown:

The transmission turned out to be the un-doing of that truck. I broke the mainshaft twice, got pissed and sold it. Great design, poor execution.

Latest posts

Members online

Back