Hyperions out of balance...???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J1A1H

Finally got an adaptor to charge my hyperions! Thanks to all who helped!!!

Right, the first hyperion when i went to balance charge for the first time was

3.85,3.84,3.83... I was happy with this....

Second batter wasnt great and after a balance charge it was

4.21,4.19,4.08... This is not great and I'm quite worried...
Should i use the battery and re balance it? maybe it will correct itself??

Should i let it continue to charge until all cells are balanced? I'm just worried about the first cell going over 4.20. (at the moment is flashing between 4.2 and 4.21!

What would you advice?

lets see a link to the charger/balancer your using.

should straighten itself out after a few cycles but lets start with your charger/balancer

also, does your charger/balancer have a balance cycle separate from a charging cycle.

I'm no expect, but I'd try continuing to charge until they are all balanced, the charger should just trickle charge the full cells. If the readings for on the first pack is after the charge cycle has finished, I'd be worried about that as well. It might pay to invest in a better charger.

the charger i own
DSC00253.jpg

info on charger
http://www.jperkinsdistribution.co.uk/downloads/4402900a.pdf

Its been charging for a while now and the cells are still at

4.20-4.21, 4.19-4.20, 4.08-.4.10 shouldnt the 3rd cell be playing catch up? Its been sitting around the 4.09 mark for ages

I don't think i can just balance cycle it separetly to the charging cycle, i think it balances as it charges...

I'm looking for a new charger which has capabilites of charging 4 lipos at the same time on another thread...

If they were my packs, I would try running the packs and charging them again.

ill give it a go frddy... will report back later... since my last message which was 1hr 30 minsago... The lowest cell has gone up to only 4.12!!!

Can this be harmful to the full cells??? or does the charger no to send them little current compared???

ill give it a go frddy... will report back later... since my last message which was 1hr 30 minsago... The lowest cell has gone up to only 4.12!!!

Can this be harmful to the full cells??? or does the charger no to send them little current compared???

Yeah, in balance, it will slow down the current going to the cells with the higher voltage allowing the lower cells to "catch up."

Latest posts

Members online

Back