Hump Packs ?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy

I got a hump pack for xmas I am wondering how long u guys charge them up and dis charge them.....its a 1300 mi-mh Also how do u u guys run the connection to charge it up do u leave the end hanging out the side of your raido box or what?????sorry if I sound stupid this is new to me I NEED HELP WITH THIS PEOPLE give me the low down on the hump packs please thanks guys

I know u guys run hump packs give me the low down on the charging time it will be the first charge

Charge times depend on the charger output, as for the conection I have 3 different methods but they use a charge lead switch. One way is by using a charge port, shown in this pic on the top of the radio box.
990725b8.jpg

Another way is I bought this new switch with a charge port on the switch shown in this switch.
3710b118.jpg

I have also just let the charge lead hang out.
If you don't want to get another switch with a charge lead, I have put 2 small slits in the radio box lid so the wires for the battery and the switch get conected on the outside of the box, so all you have to do is unplug the battery from the switch and plug the charger to the battery without opening the radio box up.

thanks jt I just cut a slit into that radio box it looks ok here are the numbers on the charger I have ... INPUT:120vac 60Hz 3W
OUTPUT: 6vdc 100ma
Hope these numbers help I really don't know what the meen I just need to know how long u chare it the first time and if u have to discharge it... and if anyone knows what r the run times on these batteries....also after the first charge how long will u have to charge it after u ruan it a few times ??????

Another thing you can do is buy a splitter so one goes to the Hump pack, one goes to the on/off switch and the last one I have sticking out under the truck by the steering servo that one hooks up to the charger

Ok well if you have a 1300ma battery and a 100ma output charger, you will have to charge for 13 hours... 1300/100=13 to get battery to full. Your run time will depend on the servo's and receiver that you are using, on my 1400ma battery using a Hitec digital hi-torque steering servo and a Traxxas 2055 for throttle, all controlled by a Spektrum unit I usually get about 3-4 hours of runtime. If you have a ni-mh battery you don't really need to drain them fully, as they are designed not to have a "voltage memory". I hope that answered some questions.

Another thing you can do is buy a splitter so one goes to the Hump pack, one goes to the on/off switch and the last one I have sticking out under the truck by the steering servo that one hooks up to the charger

The only concern with this method I have is that "charge" lead sticking out is "hot" all the time, so if you are running in snow, water, or mud there is a slim chance that the water or mud could get on both the pos. and neg. terminals and cause some electrical damage. :shocked: When using the switch with the charge lead, that charger lead is only active (live) when the switch is off.

When using the switch with the charge lead, that charger lead is only active (live) when the switch is off.

Yup I had the concern so I took my multi-meter and checked voltage with the switch on and off and the charge port is only live when the switch is off plus If know there is a chance the the port will get wet I put a ballon around it and zip-tie it

I run 1400 have 2 diffrent chragers, both that about 45 mins. Did my charge mod a little diffrent location than JTM. mine is on the side....
engineplatesavage011small9he.jpg

engineplatesavage015small8iv.jpg

engineplatesavage019small7jh.jpg

engineplatesavage021small2lw.jpg

Yup I had the concern so I took my multi-meter and checked voltage with the switch on and off and the charge port is only live when the switch is off plus If know there is a chance the the port will get wet I put a ballon around it and zip-tie it

Sometimes I know what am talking about ;) (key word is sometimes) LOL:grinning:

I am still running the stock servos and reciver will my hump pack help wake up thoes servos (help them turn better and brake better????)

I am still running the stock servos and reciver will my hump pack help wake up thoes servos (help them turn better and brake better????)

It will help some, but better a steering servo will do wonders. When you upgrade your steering servo place your stock steering servo in place of your throttle servo. ;)

Hey ya never thought of that also one more question Most of the time when I drive my savay its only for like a cupple of tanks or until iam broke witch ever comes first ....if the pack still has allot of charge on it and I wont be driving it for like 5 days should I rechare it up or drain the battery after iam done for the day ????

If you only run a few tanks and put it away for a few days or so, you should be alright just leaving the battery alone. I have never discharged my battery packs. I have gone out 1 day with a fresh pack driven 2-3 tanks and not gone back to the truck for a couple of weeks and haven't had any run problems. I would suggest that if you plan on a big bash day or race day, I would recharge the battery the night before though. Remember ni-mh batteries can be recharged at any time and don't need to be drained completely.

Glad that I have found this site, and glad to help when I can. I wish all forums could be as nice and freindly as this one.

Glad that I have found this site, and glad to help when I can. I wish all forums could be as nice and freindly as this one.

thats so true. I'm on a uk forum for nitro trucks etc and its full of folk that are so anal about their trucks. theres no banter its all just technical facts and if u dare ask something that may have already been asked before you get rude replies telling u to search. get a grip its a hobby. its meant to be fun. everyone was new to it at some point or another!!

Hey jt I ran the savay today and Now my stearing servo is makeing a funny noise (its like fingernails on a chalkboard) that eeeekkkk sound when ever I turn the wheeles...I never had this kinda probalem before; there is no glitching or tweaking of anykind and it works ok its just that sound I put a little oil on the servo horn and it helped a little what could be the problem ???????

The servo is a year old or so and yess its the stocker (can u find a good one under 40 dollars ) for me They all look the same to me thanks jt

TowerPro MG995 is cheap on ebay, I have no experience with them but, polystyrene says they are good and I think that k0m0d067 just purchased some. Might want to ask those guys how they like them. I have heard mixed reviews myself. I have ran the hitec 645mg for 2 years with no problems, I now run a digital 5645 (a little more torque than the 645). You just want to find a steering servo with at least 120oz torque (the more the better imo ;)).

hitec -> http://cgi.ebay.com/Hitec-645-Ultra...7QQihZ001QQcategoryZ44028QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

towerpro -> http://cgi.ebay.com/Towerpro-55g-hi...ryZ34056QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Spec and Maintenance Sheet for Hump Batteries

Here is a spec sheet I have for hump batteries maybe it can be useful for some.

hey bro,how did you do this?

I run 1400 have 2 diffrent chragers, both that about 45 mins. Did my charge mod a little diffrent location than JTM. mine is on the side....
engineplatesavage011small9he.jpg

engineplatesavage015small8iv.jpg

engineplatesavage019small7jh.jpg

engineplatesavage021small2lw.jpg

hey mondragon, whats up! I just got my hump pack and I'm having a terrible time keeping these wired tucked in nicely. You have a sweet setup there, I was just wondering how you got those two boxes out of there in picture 2. I know the one on the far side is the upside down steering servo, but the middle would be perfect to stash the wires neatly. Did you cut it out, or is there screws?? I looked at mine and cant see a way besides cutting it. Also, can I buy a kit for how you did you charging port for your hump pack, that looks Sweet too! Please let me know bro, thanks!

I think that middle spot you are talking about is the servo holder for the reverse servo. If you cut it out its going to be open to the bottom of the truck.
Also I have a couple of those tower pro servos and so far they have worked great. They have a lot of torque and metal gears. They seem to work just as well as the more expensive ones.

Just my 0.02, as far as i know it is not a good idea to discharge your humppack and then leave it in storage. There should always be about 15% charge if you are going to store them, anyway that is what my booklet said.

yeah thats what i was told as well never let your battery packs completely discharge always leave a bit of a charge in them!!

Ok recived new Hump pack today .. They sent the wrong one ...DAMNIT ...But for some reason they sent me 2 ... KOOL I guess

Anyway my ? is ... They charging lead is the same as my quick charger can I use my quick charger to charge the pack ? Will that screw it up and if I can; How long will I need to charge it it's a 1300 mah pack

Members online

Back