Hpisf Savage Mkii

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

JohnH

Guys here is the Savage that I will be racing at the 09 World Finals. It isn't finished yet. I still have the sway bars HBZ roll cage and a copy of the body on the forum truck with all the stickers on it to add. Yes those are Baja shocks. I have to change the springs to yellow to get rid of the bounce in them but other than that they are perfect. If you have any questions or comments just ask I don't have any secrets on it.
DSC00962.jpg

DSC00961.jpg

DSC00960.jpg

looks purply.... but I like it! I like the safety engine stop too. I have had mine for a year now and have maybe used it 5 times. I always forget about it. LOL

!!!WOW!!!

Sick looking truck Mega. But no mid tank?

How do you like that stand? Truck looks awesome. I find it funny that you are building it now when you built the long jump prize truck while we were at the finals.

yea mega how is that stand,truck looks good i am doing a total rebuild taken all the hop up parts off of both trucks and making one done up for racing and then just have a stock 25 for bashing

it is a lap counter for my radio. also have temp and mph/rpm that will be on it also. love the stand. Dan did a hell of a job on it.:resp::resp:

Well, the Savage is almost done. The only thing left is the HBZ roll cage as soon as it comes in.
DSC00992.jpg

DSC00991.jpg

DSC00990.jpg

your not running a roto start on that rb right???
also why are there small holes or what looks to be in the top side of the tranny in the first pic just about the a/f

Yes there is a roto start. Those holes are for the tach and mount for it.

Those are the blue groove.......

They are reversable also for different offsets......

I saw them at the Finals......nice set of wheels.

Tach? Please provide link and explain ?
spextrum telemitry kit. It has an RPM /MPH sensor a IR lap counter a battery level indicator and temp sensor in a small module. I run it on my Baja.

Mega, I will be sending some OFT Racing stickers for you soon! You have been voted in as an honorary member!

More details on RB motor please. Can we start a John Helton is better than Chuck Norris thread??????
Chuck Norris drove an HPI savage once...John can one handedly dissasemble and assemble an entire truck in 35 seconds while blind folded, eating glass and shooting a terrorist.
You da man John!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, more info on that motor please! i am thinking about that 928 for my savage. I want to build up a race savage and a street, maybe bash savage.
I would also love a video!!!
thanks
Jeff

Well, the Savage is almost done. The only thing left is the HBZ roll cage as soon as it comes in.
DSC00992.jpg

So I'm looking at the back of your truck with all the names on it. Humm I didn't see mine on there. You know Hopalong Just to think I thought WE were buddies.

I like that truck body. I wish I could buy an RB 928 supper modded engine.

What are you talking about Brian I see HPI SAVAGE FORUM all over that truck! Small over site on my part. Sorry bud. As for the wing it comes on the HPI GT2 truck body. As for the motor it hasn't been run yet. From past history with the 928 it destroys diffs within minutes with hard launches. I am going to set my radio up so that when i punch it I don't rip the diffs and tranny out of the truck.
It takes a gallon of 30% to break in the motor also do to it being CRAZY modded by Rick.

Members online

No members online now.
Back