Hpi's new savage ss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh maannnn, does this ^^^ mean that my post will not be published? haha J/K I don't care either way. I spent alot of time writing that though :)

I have run a 5.9 in a X with X gearing and tires it fell on its face... The 5.9 was a flop and a half..
More then one professional modder has said they are junk from the get go now ...
They are the exact same stoke and port design as the .28 with a HUGE bore... As if it may work with that design is a joke.

As crash said ... "In the rite hands the 5.9 can be modded to perform like it should" Ill save the 100 and buy a .28 that can will and does run circles around it ...

I traded my 5.9 for servos long ago best move I have ever made..

Can you tell I hate that motor yet ??

ok i must be slow tonite,what exactly do you mean "get his post out of moderation"

Hahaha, this is funny. My post was locked up in "moderation"... it was awaiting approval to be posted for everyone to see.

Shaun-
Thanks for the welcome!
If you painted the body in your avatar then I have allready seen you on another forum :)

Hahaha, this is funny. My post was locked up in "moderation"... it was awaiting approval to be posted for everyone to see.

Shaun-
Thanks for the welcome!
If you painted the body in your avatar then I have allready seen you on another forum :)

yep it was in mod and all the staff was replying to it lol ...

^^^ that is what I figured. So you guys see it, and may not even notice that it is in Mod? haha no prob!

Sounds like you may be one of the first people I have heard to comment on the 5.9 that knows what they are talking about :)

Either way you could sell the motors and end up with about a $110 price between the two kits... I would think the bullet proof stuff would be worth that much?

^^^ that is what I figured. So you guys see it, and may not even notice that it is in Mod? haha no prob!

Sounds like you may be one of the first people I have heard to comment on the 5.9 that knows what they are talking about :)

Either way you could sell the motors and end up with about a $110 price between the two kits... I would think the bullet proof stuff would be worth that much?

agreed ........

I think the point most people including my self are trying to make is that they could have just kept the 4.6 in the kit and upgraded everything else. No matter how you break it down HPI knows that the F or K 4.6 are better than the 5.9 but it looks better on a box. Or heck the asian Savages come with lrp .28's now there would have been an upgrade.

Congrats on your new truck though and i am glad that you have found us. Look forward to chating with you in the shout box. Any questions or problems you may have don't hessitate to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:
i wish that hpi never stopped making the savage ss kit that came with no motor. i bought two of those and built them the way i wanted. if we went to the track and every had the ss with bigboresm f4.6, 3 speed, RSC, flux drivetrain, and LCG TVPs it wouldn't be any fun....would it? everyone running the same and it would get old. no one wants to run the same thing his bud has.....it all takes the fun out of it. i think HPI needs to keep the new ss the way it is but offer it with no motor. that's fun.........

i wish that hpi never stopped making the savage ss kit that came with no motor. i bought two of those and built them the way i wanted. if we went to the track and every had the ss with bigboresm f4.6, 3 speed, RSC, flux drivetrain, and LCG TVPs it wouldn't be any fun....would it? everyone running the same and it would get old. no one wants to run the same thing his bud has.....it all takes the fun out of it. i think HPI needs to keep the new ss the way it is but offer it with no motor. that's fun.........

x2 or maybe a build your own savage kit on the website. you pick the tvp's drive train motor body that would be cool but that will never happen.

Good Discussion. everyone makes a good point.

i would never buy another savage kit or rtr.... just look for the parts on e-bay and build ground up. better truck/less cost (personal preference).

as for the K-5.9, yeah inexperienced peeps will love it caz the numbers are bigger. Our buddie 'Brazil' & his 4.1hpi mill mops the floor with 2 guys XL K5.9's every bash. if you can get a few bucks for it & upgrade with a .28 of your choice, you'll get much more speed with it.

pretty sweet that the SS kit gonna have the SHD complete set up with bulletproof diffs.

i paid $80 retail for the SHD kit with axles & cups before the flux came out & you could get the parts cheaper on the bay. got my SHD set up (with diffs) from the soulman for my flux :jamout:

Shaun-
Thanks for the welcome!

no actually a fellow member here painted it for me, and he's done a few other ones for people here if you ever have any questions about painting he is the one to talk with,his username is vintage tone and he does awsome work!!!

Stormer has 2 of the ss kits with no engine for $199 right now :) But they are pre-X style. X ss w/o engine is still an option on HPIeurope's site, as if they still make them?

Holy, a build your own from HPI would be awesome! I think they would do really well with that? Especially if it didn't have to be a complete kit... like you buy everything, but no body and no TVPs, or you could leave out stuff if you knew you were gonna do a mid tank, etc...

got my SHD set up (with diffs) from the soulman for my flux

I thought HPI was giving the SHD diffs to flux owners that bought their truck before hpi made the switch?

Latest posts

Members online

Back