HPI_Savage25 is leaving.:( :( :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRock

Ok guys you all might not see me on the forum that much anymore. :( My mom doesn't like me being on the forum. She says it isn't safe. BUTi will be on every now and then. So just letting yall all know so don't be looking for me all the time b/c i want be on like I use to ( 24/7 just about!) :mad: :mad:

Cheers everbody :mad:

No she doesn't think that the people here are safe she is the type that doesn't like ANY type of chatting! :( I am still going to be on every-now-n-then she doesn't worry about about viruses she just doesn't like me on stuff like myspace and the like. :(

It sounds to me like your mom is being overprotective of you. This is your hobby site, not some site on how to make bombs and such. Your mother should be thankful you have a productive hobby instead of ruining it for you. Your mother should also be thankful your not out selling crack on the side of the street or hanging around in gangs either. Just my two cents.

Thanks man I need people like you to support me

I'd have to agree with chatting online. The profanity, obsinites or where anything goes. Sometimes it's difficult to tell then it's to late. We try our best as do our members to keep this Forum a clean respectul place. On the other hand look at this from your Mom's perspective the internet if not used properly is just that everything that would of could of will go wrong. Thank her for being concerned. Sounds like an awesome parent.:)

You might also try letting her read thru the site so that so knows that there are no profanities or obsene things going on in here that may help to change her mind at least knowing what is going on in the site. At least she would able to see what is going on for herself and know that noone here is going to try and pick you up or get obsene.

Tell your mom that there are rules on this forum like no bad language, swearing and no racism and things like that.
let her see for herself.
maybe one of the mods, admins, or site owners can post a message for your mom? isn`t that a good idea?
this is a decent site and all we do is talking about savvy`s!
this is a very constuctive hobby and she should be glad that you`re on this forum instead of stealing or dope dealing.

That is a good idea! I really can't leave she may not allow me but I don't know how i can give the forum up ...it is almost like a BIG family!

i have to agree this site is great and is safe. all the guys here are great and the mods and people in charge do a great job. as a parent i have to agree with your mom. my 9 year old son goes on rune sacape all the time he has had several incidents there , that have made us restrict his usage there. there are bad sites to go to and some are good but bad stuff still happens[rune scape] this site i would have no fears with . this is an info site with everybody trying to help eachother with the hobby we all love. just do what your mom wants ,sounds like she is just trying to be a good parent and keep you safe,[thats good... ] after a little while you will probally be back on all the time again.good luck...

I'm glad to at least see parents out there showing concerns for their children's safety online. Invite your parents to sign up on the sign, wither as your name or as a new user. Allow them to see what we're about, let them see that this site doesn't contain foul language nor nudity or anything that would be rated even above PG, lol. Do as they ask and appreciate that they at least show concern. You can also point out how we help members solve their truck issues(saving people money by simple fixes sometimes).

Chunky Monkey said:
I'm glad to at least see parents out there showing concerns for their children's safety online. Invite your parents to sign up on the sign, wither as your name or as a new user. Allow them to see what we're about, let them see that this site doesn't contain foul language nor nudity or anything that would be rated even above PG, lol. Do as they ask and appreciate that they at least show concern. You can also point out how we help members solve their truck issues(saving people money by simple fixes sometimes).

^^^What he said :D

sleeper341 said:
why not give us your mums email address and we can all send her really nice emails asking her to let you come back! :D

yeah, all 500 of us, by the time she has read them all he probably has his own house, wife, kids, and internetconnection.
by that time he`s worrying about his own kids.

Ok guys ..she hasn't said anything lately..:)...so that is good!...i love this site

To think we almost lost our MVP

Hey parker just stumbled on this, my how times change.

Of course your one year older now. lol

My sometimes I cry at night because I don't have a mom..............

JK

you know something hpi-savage25 i know it seems like your mom is hard on you but atleast she cares enough to be concerned! i wasnt treated well by my mom (wont go into details) and it is good that she cares that much!! I'm thinking if my mom had been more "involved" i probabally wouldnt have struggled so much as a child! but on the other hand this forum and its members are pretty respectful of peoples feelings and stuff so I'm sure if she sat for a bit while u chatted she would change her mind a bit! there are "chat rooms" and stuff that parents should be worried about though i agree!!

Ya she just thinks I spent too much time on the PC, which I do, 20hours+ a week versus how much I do homework but next nine weeks that is going to change, I am cutting the time I spend on the PC and going to do more school work.

Ya she just thinks I spent too much time on the PC, which I do, 20hours+ a week versus how much I do homework but next nine weeks that is going to change, I am cutting the time I spend on the PC and going to do more school work.

ya if its interfering with your school work then good call on spending more time on school then the computer, i guess sometimes i forget what it was like to be in school! lol its been 20 years ha ha what a old fogey i am lol

ya i am passing everything but I have always been an A-B student and now its more like A,B and C+ but I will make that change next nine weeks.

As long as you can keep up with your obligations on both ends...But, you're schooling should be first. Stick with it, you'll be done before you know it.

I get my homework done first but I don't really "study" as long as I should. I get done in about an hour.

If I were in your shoes I would ask her to sign on anonymously ( as a guy or whoever she wants at whatever age, so none of us know who she is) then she can see exactly what's going on here. and keep an eye on what's goin on when she wants..

I do see only one problem which may or may not affect you. smetimes people meet up and bash, so really at least the first time you wouldn't know who your meeting with, which I wouldn' like my child doing either. Only thing you could do in that case is if your going to meet with anyone, she or your father would have to be there too, at least till they felt it was ok.

she does sound like a great Mom...

John

Ya I have met with megabyteme before and a few people from other forums before also.

She likes to talk to them first.

I love it, who else can revive a year old thread and bring us all closer together.

My job is done here. lol

are u still stirring things up crash? ha ha:salute: i didnt even realize the date actually!!

Latest posts

Members online

Back