hpi usa bankrupt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mickey

just me
Here is the info neobuggy.net had on line about hobbico buying hpi USA assets

Hobbico purchases HPIUSA assets Thirteen months after completing the Axial, ARRMA, Team Durango takeover, Hobbico have again swooped in - this time in aid of HPI's North American presence - HPI USA. Through close sources NeoBuggy understands that Hobbico have reached an agreement with HPIUSA to purchase all stock, thus keeping the company from going bankrupt. We also understand that further staff reductions and lay offs will take place as the company is restructured and slimmed down to only keep Research & Development and marketing departments in the US, a move to smaller office premises are also expected as of March 1st 2013. According to our sources the deal is limited to HPI USA and does not relate to HPIEU or Japan. Some readers may recall the news of HB driver Jesse Robbers pulling out of the 2012 Worlds in December last year, initially moving to California to work full time designing for HB in February 2012 only to be let go ~ 9 months later along with several other HPI USA employees - the first public warning signs.

Ok makes sence. John Shultz and his side kick boss moved to HB last yr. They knew then what was about to happen. It's a shame to see HPI being reduced here in the US.

I don't think Hobbico has anything to do with Traxxas to tell ya the truth. does hobbico even sell Traxxas stuff ?

We would like to be clear that Hobbico has not purchased HPI, HPI’s assets or the rights to any HPI products. Hobbico/Great Planes Model Distributors have simply purchased the necessary product inventory to enable them to provide the service levels required from an exclusive distributor in such a large market area. Their comprehensive distribution facilities will ensure fast and effective supply of the entire HPI product line.
Thats from HPI

well it is good to know that hpi is not going to stop importing products to the usa, least we should be able to get parts online a lil easier

Last edited by a moderator:
That might explain why my local Hobby Town had no Savages on display. Last time I was there they had several, this time nothing...plenty of Traxxas on display

well heres food for thought why traxxas is doing so well... the owner races in the torc racing series not to mentions pumps money into it , which has traxxas everywhere at those events, there even in nhra with bashing demos with on site store ... where the flip is hpi no where just twiddling there thumbs lol also there in monster jam ... not to mention who wants to buy something thats old and dose not come ready to run out of box and mot don't even know how to even build or fix them lol.

ill admit it...i was looking for a T-Maxx, but then after some investigation and inspection, the Savage looked to be a tougher and more postively reviewed basher. Who would turn their nose up at a metal chassis? That finalized my decision and i'm happy with it.

Latest posts

Members online

Back