HPI Super Heavy Duty Drive Shafts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THE JUDGE

Hey, has anyone seen that these came out overseas?

100415_02.jpg

They use standard length axles so they will fit standard (non-XL) Savages.

Link:http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=100415

They also have the XL chassis conversion kit on there...http://www.hpieurope.com/piw.php?lang=en&partNo=100413

When do we get to see this stuff over here?!? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice find. I wonder if these will be like the big bores on availability.
I also wonder how much $ they are.
Weird on how old black was better than the supposed heavy duty chrome ones and now these heavy duty's are black again though.
I hope we find price and availability soon because I could use a set myself.

Dave

I still have a set of FLM dog bones to install in my savage. I wonder if these will be stronger then the FLM ones.

I thought it's already been discussed that the XL dogbones are the same length as all of the others and can be used in any Savage. Has this information changed? Are these the same DB's, just packaged differently for Europe?

Added: HPI has much more info out there now and it is clear the DB are longer on the XL. So this is a great find Judge!

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it's already been discussed that the XL dogbones are the same length as all of the others and can be used in any Savage. Has this information changed? Are these the same DB's, just packaged differently for Europe?

Added: HPI has much more info out there now and it is clear the DB are longer on the XL. So this is a great find Judge!

Thanks whipnet! From what I can tell, the main difference in this kit's contents vs. the XL's parts is that the outer drive axles are extended on the XL. The dogbones should be the same since the XL uses standard Savage X arms and carriers.

I have titanium dogbones from new era. Bash tested hard! The xl conversion sounds cool!

I tried to find a price for you over here, but they are not even listed on the distributors site yet !?? I'll keep my eyes peeled.

Scrub the above, I see Bruce has already shown these and their prices in his thread on the HPI big bore shocks. Saves me a job ! lol

Members online

Back