Hpi savage x f4.6 v2 upgrading to lrp zr.30 x

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedSlow

Hello, I was seeing what all parts are required to install a lrp .30 in my stock savvy 4.6 that I'm building. Also what is the best fuel and glow plug to use for the lrp .30

I use an odonnel purple (medium temp) plug with Byrons 2500 race fuel in mine. I also run a bit more restrictive of a pipe than the HPI pipes as well as the high flow header, since mines an X and I have room with 4 of the big bore shocks. I upgraded my diffs to sintered BP diffs and all outer dogbones/cups/axles with the super HD ones from the XL when I put in my LRP28. I'm now running a LRP30Spec2 in it with 47/18 gearing and the stock 2 speed trans. It's silly quick and wheelies with no effort. I get a lot of second gear wheelies that make a mess of things in a hurry. A year or so ago, I put on a T-Bonez rear skid/wheelie bar to help keep teh body from grabbing the grass when it wheelies. That's when the body just fold up and rips off over the body clips and ruins itself. The skid has helped immensely. So much so that I'm contemplating a new body finally!

I had many issues though with the stock tank and ended up removing it in favor of a 125cc tank. I get about 7.5 minute run times now... but the tune is solid throughout the entire tank. Tank after tank. I ran almost 1000cc's through it 2 weeks ago and aside from adjusting the tune a bit during tank one, I didn't touch it again the rest of the day. It was running around 225-240 the entire time running in grass doing a lot of WOT runs and getting big air.

Man, I really like that truck now.

That's awesome. Thanks

I can't wait to get my lrp .30 in the mail. The 4.6 that came with it was pretty sweet but after 1 gallon of fuel thru it the motor messed up. I hope the lrp is better than the stock motor

I use an odonnel purple (medium temp) plug with Byrons 2500 race fuel in mine. I also run a bit more restrictive of a pipe than the HPI pipes as well as the high flow header, since mines an X and I have room with 4 of the big bore shocks. I upgraded my diffs to sintered BP diffs and all outer dogbones/cups/axles with the super HD ones from the XL when I put in my LRP28. I'm now running a LRP30Spec2 in it with 47/18 gearing and the stock 2 speed trans. It's silly quick and wheelies with no effort. I get a lot of second gear wheelies that make a mess of things in a hurry. A year or so ago, I put on a T-Bonez rear skid/wheelie bar to help keep teh body from grabbing the grass when it wheelies. That's when the body just fold up and rips off over the body clips and ruins itself. The skid has helped immensely. So much so that I'm contemplating a new body finally!

I had many issues though with the stock tank and ended up removing it in favor of a 125cc tank. I get about 7.5 minute run times now... but the tune is solid throughout the entire tank. Tank after tank. I ran almost 1000cc's through it 2 weeks ago and aside from adjusting the tune a bit during tank one, I didn't touch it again the rest of the day. It was running around 225-240 the entire time running in grass doing a lot of WOT runs and getting big air.

Man, I really like that truck now.
HI, could you tell me what tank you are using. Thanks.

HI, could you tell me what tank you are using. Thanks.
OFNA 19076
2016-0603-SavageX-OFNA19076Tank.jpg

How did you mount the OFNA tank?

Also, sorry for OT but that is one nice set of tires. Are they old T-Maxx tires?

How did you mount the OFNA tank?
Made a little L piece out of 5/16" round bar, drilled a hole in it and the TVP to mount it and another hole for the rear tank mount. Used a long 4 or 5mm bolt in the throttle pivot after drilling out the throttle pivot holder. The bolt is the same size as the hole in the pivot, so I didn't have to mess with it. Used fuel line around the bolts with washers to cushion the tank a bit so it wasn't metal on plastic.
2016-0711-SavageX-OFNA19076TankRear.jpg

2016-0603-SavageX-OFNA19076TankOnly.jpg

2016-0711-SavageX-OFNA19076TankFront.jpg

Also, sorry for OT but that is one nice set of tires. Are they old T-Maxx tires?
No, well, sort of. They are traxxas 3.8" chevrons that fit on revo style bead rims. I like them because they don't have a ton of side bite (less traction rolls on grass), they have a lot of contact area, so last a long time while running in skate parks, the tread is fairly stiff to help cushion the bead when it lands so the sidewalls don't get all cut up.

Latest posts

Members online

Back